Week In Review - Family Reunions

What a week! This week was a serious rollercoaster of emotions! I don't use common phrases lightly, so please read on to find out how my week went.



 
Workouts 
Monday- 70 minute run ( 6.60 miles ) 
Thursday - 4 miles and Zumba 
Friday - 20 minute run 
Saturday - 6.2 miles trail run 
Sunday - 5 miles

On Monday we did something different, and ran for 70 minutes, instead of a mileage. It was a different focus to run only looking at the time, not at miles. 

On Thursday we found out about the Hershey 10K cancellation. I went through all the stages of grief. I was mad that it had been cancelled, I tried to find another 10K to run that morning, to hoping they were kidding and the are was not really cancelled. 




I found out about the cancellation in the middle of my 4 mile run, so when I was done, I was still mad and went to Zumba in attempts to feel better. By 9:30 pm, I had decided that we would not register for another 10K, and that we would run what we were scheduled, even if not at Hershey. 

Friday after work, I went to pick up my packet for Hershey, since we were still allowed to pick it up, and they also gave us the medal. After, I met up with Roger for a quick 20 minute run. 






On Saturday morning, we ran the 6.2 that we were supposed to at the Appalachian Trail, near Boiling Springs, and we had lunch at the Cafe nearby after. The food was delicious! 




Early Saturday morning, I got a message from my sister, inviting us to a Quinceanera (Mexican / Latin American Sweet 15) celebration for my second cousin. My uncle Manuel was coming to visit and most of his kids would be there, I grew up with those cousins and they were very present in our lives in Mexico, so it was a wonderful surprise to be invited. 

When I arrived at the party, I greeted each and all of the cousins who were there, some I hadn't seen in 20 years! It was such an amazing experience, it brought tears to my eyes to see my cousins and my uncle ! 
 


Currently Reading 

I saw an ad for the movie Love, Simon and I immediately researched if it was a book; and it was!! I am currently reading Simon vs The Homo sapiens Agenda, by Becky Albertalli. I hope to finish the book soon, so I can catch the movie. 



How was your week?

Tell me something exciting that happened to you this week!

 




Comments

  1. Wow, I still don't understand why they actually cancelled the 10k race. Usually things like that go on rain or shine, unless there is lightening. I would have rather had a refund than to pick up a medal for a race I did not run. Did they at least give you a refund?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They cancelled it, because we were scheduled to get snow that morning, which never happened. It is very unusual for a race to be cancelled due to weather conditions, so there were a lot of angry people commenting on their FB page. Chocolate Town Challenges didn't' offer a refund at first, but after people were blasting them online, they started to offer a refund and for people to keep the race bags.

      The medal in the picture is my sisters, I haven't decided what to do with mine. I might give it to my son, or donate it. It doesn't feel right for me to keep it.

      Delete
  2. I saw the movie so I would love to read the book.

    I am so surprised they cancelled. They probably lost a ton of money. But they also prob make a lot of money at all of their races.

    That is soooooo cool you got to see family members you hadn't seen in 20 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of arguments on-line about the Charities losing the money, but supposedly, Chocolate Town Challenges is still going to give the money to charities. Many are saying that this ruined the reputation of the race, and that many won't run it next year... I know for sure that I won't.

      I know!! I got so emotional seeing all of them! The one cousin who is my age, I hadn't seen in in over 20 years! I didn't recognize any of them!

      Delete
    2. They should give you all discounts next year to get you to try to run it.

      Delete
  3. That's great that you were able to catch up with family you hadn't seen for that long! And how weird about the race being cancelled :( I hadn't realized that the race didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that the Hershey 10k let you guys have the medal! I'm glad you went out for a 10k run even though it was canceled.

    I have been watching the 8th grade girls plan their dress for their Quinces over the last couple weeks. They are all going with powder blue - it must be IN right now haha. How sweet that you got to see so much of your family!!

    I loved "Love, Simon" but didn't know it was a book! I need to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment