Week In Review - Moody Spring

I have not been enjoying all the moody weather this past week. but I am glad we are finally seeing some warmer temperatures.



Workouts
Tuesday - 4 miles fartlek
Wednesday - 3 miles (1 mile warm up, 1 mile intervals and 1 mile cool down)
Friday - 3 tempo miles
Sunday - 6 easy

As I mentioned on my Friday Five post, my son's baseball season started last week, and practices are taking 3 nights/ week. I don't have the patience to be a sports Mom.

On Tuesday we enjoyed some milder weather and ran at Wildwood park. Wildwood is a 3 mile loop trail around a lake, 2 miles are very hilly,  and 1 mile flat. I need run Wildwood more often, my legs need more hills.

Wednesday was a coldish and cloudy day, but that made perfect weather for intervals. I don't like doing intervals, sometimes I still get a weird pain in my quad after intervals.

On Thursday I got a letter that I have been waiting for since August of 2017... but I'm going to keep you in suspense for a few more days. It has nothing to do with running, and it's good news.

On Friday I got up early and ran 3 miles. I got lucky that the weather was nice, and warm. After my run, I took a quick shower, and brushed my hair, because I was helping out at the school store, and this time I was ready to have a better experience than last time.

I went into the school with a completely different attitude, after the book I listened to, it felt I needed to treat women in my life better... even if they had been mean to be before. I greeted all the moms as if it was the first time I was meeting them. I ended up talking to a few of them during the school store, and it wasn't as terrible as before.

After I picked up my son from school, neither one of us was feeling well. It felt like we were coming down with a cold, and we used the rest of the day to rest and catch up with the Avengers movies. We are going to go see Avengers Infinity with my brothers at the end of April, and we need to remember all the details.

I did not take any pictures of the things I did this week.

Currently Reading

Last week at work, I listened to Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It was amazing! It's more of an essay, but a very powerful essay.

I also started Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue.






I hope everybody had an awesome week!!

Who else is ready for Avengers Infinity?

Who will be watching Boston on Monday?



Comments

  1. I'm glad the school store experience was better! I know sometimes it's hard to shift our attitudes, but it can really help! I do this at work when having to deal with colleagues and students that I don't always mesh with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get completely stuck on my ways, and refuse to socialize... and I forget that affects how others will see me. It's a balance, part of me is thinking "I don't have to be nice, and people dont' have to like me" and another part is thinking "Don't act like a jerk, you still need other humans in your life!"

      Delete
  2. That's great that the experience at the school was better this time! That book by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie sounds interesting, I have to add that one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book is amazing!! And it super short, so it makes it faster and easier to enjoy.

      Delete

Post a Comment