Week In Review - Easter Celebrations

Happy Easter and Happy Passover! Spring break is coming to a close, and with it, the anxiety will hopefully go away with it. 



Here are some of the workouts for this week 

Tuesday: 5.5 miles ( warm up, cool down, and 3 of intervals) 
Wednesday : 3 easy and weights 
Saturday: Bethany Beach Bunny Palooza 5K 

Monday was one of the days my son had for spring break, and this year we decided to visit each of my siblings at work for a meal or snack. It was a busy day of driving, but a very rewarding day of family time and lots of food. We had breakfast, lunch, pan dulce, and gelato... we went from Harrisburg to Lancaster, Newark DE, Oxford, Kennett Square and West Chester.  Not a lot of walking got done, but whatevs!



On Tuesday, after dropping off my son, I had to get some intervals in. I was not really in the mood, the weather was rainy and cold and the idea of running intervals does not appeal to me... But it got done. I realized that 5 miles go faster when I'm doing intervals! a lot faster!

Wednesday was 3 easy miles and weights... nothing exciting to report. 

The rest of the week was busy at work with meetings and catching up. I had so much work to do!! I didn't have any time to read blogs, and I felt so disconnected from my world. I will catch up with all of your blogs, I promise. 

On Saturday Morning, we were up bright and early for our Bunny Palooza 5K in Bethany Beach DE. This was my son's first Bunny Palooza and he was very excited about running it. The first mile he ran as fast as he could, but he had to walk most of the rest of the race. I had a lot of run running and dancing with him. By mile 2.5, he was so tired that he didn't want to run anymore, so I started to play music and dance, just to keep him distracted. He said I was embarrassing him!! 




This year, my son was with me for all of Easter, and this kept me from doing my long run. Which is completely fine, because I get to spend time with him. I will catch up with some miles this week and next. 

On Sunday, we met my family for quick Easter egg Hunt with all the kids. My son and my niece both have different ideas on how to do an egg hunt, so it was hilarious to see them trying to steal each other eggs.




I feel like I have been slacking on writing, and the truth is that blogging takes a lot of work, and I haven't been able to sit still and put my thoughts down. I hope to change that this coming weeks. 

Currently Reading 

I saw a preview of a movie called Adrift, and it sounded really interesting and terrifying. Adrift is the adaptation of the book Red Sky In Mourning by Tami Oldham Ashcraft with Susea McGearhart. This book, and movie, are about how Tami and her fiancé Richard get lost at sea while sailing from Hawaii to California. So far, it has been an amazing story of survival. 


I hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend!!

All teachers, I'm sorry that spring break is over! 



Comments

  1. I'm glad your son was with you for Easter! Was he off all this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was off all week! and it was so enjoyable to not worry about homework, or bedtimes. I hate homework!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun week! How cool that you were able to do the race with him, though that's pretty funny that he thought you were embarrassing him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great busy week! He is at that age where I embarrass him with everything I do!

      I haven't been able to comment on your blogs, some settings changed in my computer and I can't figure out how to fix it. I promise I am reading it!

      Delete
  3. I really understand it being hard to blog recently. I have all my thoughts and ideas for posts but the time and energy to sit down and do it has been lacking. I hope we both find our groove again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment