Week In Review - Snowed in and Spring

Spring has finally arrived, but in PA that doesn't guarantee warm weather and blooming flowers, it just means snow will melt faster when it comes.



Workouts
Monday - 5 miles
Thursday - Zumba and 1 mile walk
Friday - 7 miles ( 2 easy, 2 miles of intervals and 3 just random whatever my legs felt) and weights. 
Saturday - 8 miles tempo

On Monday, before going for my run, I went to the library to pick up a book. There is 4 books in my nightstand that I am currently working through, but my brain is not ready to fully commit to them, maybe because my brain knows I have all the time with them. 



The run was slow, but it felt good! 

On Wednesday school and my office closed because of the snowstorm. It was a really nice break! I did some work I brought home, we watched Doctor Who, and we went to play on the snow. My only work out that day was shoveling my car out and clearing off the snow from my car. 

That is my son and Roger at the Botton of the hill 

Thursday morning we had a delay. All the shoveling and snow clearing came in handy, because I was running late to drop off my son. When I got back from work, I decided to go to Zumba instead of running. It was a good and sweaty workout. 



I am off from work a few days next week, and that requires me to do as much of my work as possible, and to predict what work will need done when I'm not there. It doesn't feel like to my supervisor, but I don't take more than 3 days off at at time, because it's impossible for me to catch up with missing that much work. On Friday all of the preparation for me to be off made me really tired. But I had to run 6 miles. 

I met Roger at our after work run spot, and we went for our run. I was only supposed to run 6 miles, but ran an extra mile looking for Roger. He went back in a different route, and didn't tell me. And I worry that something happened to him, so I ran around our route looking for him. On my way back to the car, I got a text message from him, that he had gone back early because he hurt his hamstring. 

On Saturday we went to go the March For Our Lives in Harrisburg. I was a little nervous to go, because I had never been to any marches, but it was so amazing to be there. There were students doing speeches, a mom, and a teacher. They were so amazing and moving! I was crying at some of the things they were talking about, because it so much resonated with me. I was very glad that to be there. 


I'm publishing this now, but I am supposed to go run 10 miles today. But I haven't moved from the couch yet. I'm being lazy right now and I love it. 

Currently Reading 

As I said earlier, I'm reading a bunch of books, but my mind is currently focused on the book I got from the library, When We Were Worthy by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen. 


How was your week? 

Are you tired of snow already?

Any spring races coming up for you? 



Comments

  1. I'm sorry you guys still have snow! I'm glad it was not there for the race last Sunday! Soon enough it will be summer. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! WE got lucky that the weather for lucky charm was perfect!! Snow is all gone now, but we are expecting 1-2 inches this Monday.

      Delete
  2. WOW look at all that snow! It's beautiful!

    I'm sorry that you feel like you can't take more than 3 days off at a time, but at least you do have a few days off next week. I hope you have something fun planned! Usually Adam and I like to plan our first vacation for April since Q1 is always tough/extra busy for both of us, but this year we're not going on vacation until the end of May. It's a killer to go almost six months without any work days off to speak of, but if I can survive that means I get to use all my vacation days the last six months of the year :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you going on vacation? You and Adam plan such fun vacations!! We just did some road trips... it's hard to plan fun long vacations with a 9 year old.

      Delete
  3. Boy I definitely do not miss shoveling out my car. But I do have to shovel out my carport driveway! Let's hope that's it as far as snow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long does it take you to shovel the driveway? I don't mind shoveling, but only when the snow is on weekdays... weekend snow is my enemy! it ruins all my plans.

      Delete
  4. The snow in Spring is always a bit of a bummer :( But it sounds like you had a good snow day! And that's great that you were able to go to the March, I watched the coverage on the news and it was so moving! I'm sure it was even more powerful in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved going to the march, it was a small one, but a very well organized one. It was very moving.

      Delete

Post a Comment