Friday Five- Bye February

Happy Friday!! 

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .



How amazing was February? It went by quickly and so many fantastic events took place! Most years, I complain about February. It feels like the coldest month, the one that brings a snow stop topped with ice. Today, I want to write about 5 fantastic things that February left us with. 

1. All The birthdays !! Roger got a year closer to a new age group, my niece is a year closer to pre-school and my sister is another year more fabulous. At the office, we celebrated 4 birthdays, February is a very busy birthday month! 



2. Miles of running - Even with the cold weather, February is one of the months that I run the highest miles. This month was 3 miles short of 90, because I had to skip two training runs, but I'm still very happy with the mileage for this month. 



3. Ricardo Arjona Concert- Although it was quick, we had the amazing pleasure to see Ricardo Arjona in concert again. And to make it even more perfect, I got to share those moments with my sisters. 



4. Muddy Running  - Although it hurt, and it was a challenging race, this years Squirrely Tail Half marathon was an amazing experience. I had never run in such difficult conditions, but now I know that my body is capable of running a challenging race. 




5. All the seasons in one month - In past years, February has been a cold month. my mind thinks back to snow, wind and icy conditions for most Februaries, but this year it was completely different. February acted more like March. We had freezing cold days, followed by days of 60 degrees and sun. We had days non stop of rain, and snow storms topped with ice. It has been all over the place, but it has been very enjoyable to me. 

Running on 60 degrees, 32 degrees and 40 degrees and rain

How was your February? 

What did February leave behind for you? 

Who else is a February Baby? 




Comments

  1. Sounds like a great month! I'm impressed that you get so many miles in February. It tends to be among my lowest mileage months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In February, I force myself to get out and run... just to remind myself that I can stand the weather, it's weird. I know.

      Delete
  2. Your niece is so cute!!! Isn't it great having nieces and Nephews?

    My February... omg, what the hell happened in February? Honestly, I think it went fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is an adorable little monster! she wore that dress for 3 days straight, I don't blame her, the dress was gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. and yes, Nieces are the best thing EVER!! I spoil them, and then they go back to their mom... with feminist ideas. I like to whisper to her "You are going to be a scientist, don't let anybody force you to smile... "

      Delete

Post a Comment