Week in Review - The Green Week

Another busy week gone, and another week coming. Lots of things happening this week, and little time. 

Workouts
Tuesday - 3 easy miles
Wednesday - 3 mile walk 
Friday - 5 windy frozen miles 

This week was supposed to have more miles run, but my brain got on the way... more on that later. 

This Tuesday we had our first sunny run! I love when we finally get more daylight hours on the day, but it also messes up my sleeping schedule. 




The weather this week has also been messing with me, it has been so cold!! Almost like biting cold! I don't like it. I have figured out that this winter my tolerance for cold was not very high. 

On Friday afternoon, my son and I got to go to the family school dance! It was really cool! I put on a dress, he put on a clean shirt and he hang out with his friends. I only missed out on the dancing, but i know that he had fun with his friends and in my book that made it all worth it. 




On Saturday We visited Chestnut Hill Pa. Roger and I had been there for Harry Potter Festival in 2016, but it was really cool to explore the town without fighting for walking space among 10 thousand people. I'll tell you more about Chestnut Hill at another time. 




On Sunday My son and I volunteered at the Lucky Charm 5K/10K. I had thought about doing this race, but I struggle with leaving my son with my sisters to go do a race. We had talked about doing the 5K, but I missed both of the price increases, and it felt too expensive for a 5K.




Anyway, we helped out at the registration table, and at an intersection. My son loved it! He really enjoys helping out and feeling useful. While we were at the registration, we saw Meranda and Heather, who were running the 10K. 




After I dropped off my son with his Dad, I was supposed to run 12 miles. But I wasn't feeling it. At all. I was in a dark mood. I started to really miss my son, and to hate that he is not with me all the time. I originally started running because I was alone, and had nothing productive to do. But Sunday afternoon, I just couldn't lift the dark cloud from over me. 

I told myself all the motivational things I could think of " you will feel better after the run", "you will regret not running", "Just move"... but I couldn't even get out of the car. I was dressed to run, had my sneakers on, my headphones, everything and the weather was gorgeous. But I couldn't move. 

Roger went and did his short run, and when he came back we left. I didn't even feel bad about missing the run. 

Right now, I'm not really feeling better, but at least I have made plans to make up some of the miles tomorrow. That's a start. 


How was your week?

How are you recovering from Springing forward?






Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you were in such a dark place. :( I can't imagine how hard it must be not to have your son with you all the time. Most of the time running does cheer me up, but there was one time in my life that I was so sad/depressed that I didn't run for several days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what was wrong with me! I hadn't felt that way since college. I still don't regret not running.

      Delete
  2. Ana, really sorry you had such a tough day. The pic of you and your son before the dance is awesome :).

    I feel recovered from spring forward today, but last week was tough. It was so hard to fall asleep on Sunday night and that just seemed to throw me off all of last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We were running so late!!

      We should all be given a grace period after schedule changes, they just mess with our brains to much.

      Delete

Post a Comment