Week In Review - Back to DC

Happy Sunday! How was your week ? Mine was awesome!!



Workouts 
Monday - 3 tempo miles + light weights
Wednesday - 3 unplanned miles and weights
Thursday - 4 miles
Saturday - Rock 'n' Roll DC Half Marathon

On Monday, after looking at my runs from last year prior to the RnR Half, I was feeling a little slow. So I ran this 3 miles faster than I should. I was trying to overcompensate, and  paid for it the next day. I was really sore!

On Tuesday, We were scheduled to get 2-4 inches of snow, and our office closed on Tuesday night. This NEVER happens! Most times, they wait to close until 5 am the day of.

So, Wednesday morning, I woke up thinking that my son's school will have at least a two hour delay, but when I looked outside there was no snow in sight. My son had school, but my office closed.



I ran 3 unplanned miles, and some weights. I also did a few loads of laundry and we went for lunch. It turned out to be a really nice day, and a productive day.

On Thursday I ran with the Fleet Feet group. It was cold, and I felt tired; and I knew that running with the group would be the only way to make me go run.

When I got home after my run, Roger had made his delicious meat sauce and spaghetti. It was sooo good!!!

On work related talk, a few participants were upset on Friday and I went to talk to them. One of them told me that I act and look like I am better than everybody else....  I have been told this before, so many times in my life! In fact, as the saying goes, if everyone somebody told me I had a look of haughtiness, they would give me a dollar... Well, I would be rich. I told the participant that this is the face I was given.

Resting Bitch face that doesn't quit
Saturday we ran the Rock 'n' Roll DC Half Marathon. Roger and I have been training for this since December. Roger had big goals for this race, he was hoping for a big PR. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I still enjoy the race very much, it's one of my favorite races of the year.


Not resting bitch face, but I had just ran, and had a bag full of chips! 
Currently Reading

A few years ago, I read Alexie Sherman's first book, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian and I really enjoyed it. This week, I got his new book from the library, You Don't Have to Say You Love Me.




**** Update: I just found out that Sherman Alexie has been accused of sexual misconduct. I am very disappointed in him, and I am not sure I will be finishing the book. ***

How was your week?

Did you get snow?

Do you ever get told you have a resting bitch face?



Comments

  1. I did not realize RNR DC was this past weekend!

    We didn't get any snow here either, just a lot of hype! That's okay though, I hope the snow is gone for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that the snow didn't show up! It just sticks around for a long time and it makes everything cold!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good race at RnR DC! It seemed like it was beautiful weather for the race. I have RBF too, it definitely can make things hard at time. But I don't mean anything by it, that's just how my face settles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a beautiful day for running last Saturday! definitely not as cold as last year!

      I get it, society expects us to have a smile and be happy all the time... I'm not down with that!

      Delete
  3. "This is the face I was given" LOLOLOL That's the best response!

    Reading your sentence about laundry reminded me that my washing machine buzzed a long time ago and I forgot all about it :). Thanks for the reminder to go put my stuff in the dryer!

    I love your post race RNR pic you look so happy in the face that you were given! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the only thing to say... I won't smile to make others feel more comfortable around me... if they can't handle a strong woman with a bitchy face, that's not my fault.

      Thanks!!! I was happy, I took about 6 bags of chips, and we were on our way to get burgers!

      Delete
  4. Did you stay in DC? I have RBF TOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did stay in DC. I give so much to this run, that I knew I wouldn't be in the mood for driving afterwards.

      RBF unite!!

      Delete

Post a Comment