Weekly Wrap Up 9.25.17

Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! Busy and stressful week here, so happy to have another week.



Workouts:

Thursday: 2 mile easy run and Zumba
Friday: 3 mile easy run
Sunday: Pittsburgh Great Race 10K

I was scheduled to run an easy 3 miles on Monday, but had to get groceries. I just couldn't swing both tasks in one night, and I was tired and hungry when I got home.

On Tuesday we watched in horror the news of the earthquake in Mexico and the hurricane in Puerto Rico. All my family in Mexico is ok, they don't leave near Mexico City, and my brother in law heard from his family and they are ok. My co-worker is still waiting to hear from her Parents in Puerto Rico, we are all very worried for them, but they are said to be ok, just surrounded by water.

On Thursday I got into a really stupid fight with Roger about dishes, we were supposed to run 3 miles together, but I was really mad at him, and refused to go with him to run. I ended up running at the YMCA on the treadmill.

Friday night was running drills, slow running and dancing in the parking lot.



Ok, this looks more like farting in the parking lot, but I swear it was dancing
 
On Saturday we made our way to Pittsburgh to pick up our stuff for the Pittsburgh Great Race. I registered for this race back in January for $15!! We walked around the expo, and then hung out by the river.

 

 

After the Bib pick up, we headed to the nearest restaurant for salads and beer. I love that The Pittsburgh Salad is topped with fries!




On Sunday, we did the 10K. We had to take a bus to get to the start line, which made us be there super bright and early. It was interesting to see the starting line fill up with people.

 
River Runners at the Great Race 10K
 

After the hot race, we took the long drive home to pick up my son. There were no bathrooms from the Pittsburgh exit on the turnpike, until about 45 miles out or more... I had to pee on the side of Turnpike on the grass, and might have flashed my butt to a few drivers... but after 2 bottles of water, I couldn't hold it anymore.

Currently Reading
I am still working through The Passenger, and on the side I'm also listening to A Thousand Splended Suns by Khaled Hosseini.



My three races schedule for September are done, now to focus on the Hershey Half training and the Baltimore Relay. I am very excited for both, but don't know what I will do with myself in the next two weekends!


How was your week?

Who washes the dishes at your house?

Have you ever had a Pittsburgh Salad?





Comments

  1. I'm glad you made up with Roger by Saturday...haha. Sounds like you had a great day for a race on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made up by the next day, We make it a point to not stay angry for too long.

      It was a great race on Sunday! I saw the booth for the Pittsburgh Half marathon, and almost signed up for the race!!

      Delete
  2. I do the dishes because no one can load a dishwasher like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that!! I used to be like that about the dishwasher, then I realized I was enabling my ex-husband to get out of doing the dishes... but that was in another lifetime.

      Delete
  3. I love fries on salads for sure! Where did you stay in Pittsburgh? I had to pee on the side of the turnpike once. :) It was the section between Philly and Harrisburg, though. :) We runners don't care! Hmmmmm what could you do these next two weekends.... Go to a winery with Roger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed in Homestead, by the riverfront. The room was a bit louder than we like, but it was about $70 cheaper than others.

      There is huge gaps between Philly and Harrisburg! No, we don't care, especially after hydrating too well !

      We are going to Knoebels on Saturday, if the weather holds, so the weekend after would be perfect for a winery! I'm going to check out your recommendations for sure!

      Delete
    2. Have fun at Knoebels!! :) I freaking love Knoebels....

      Delete
  4. Love the variety of your workouts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Only missing some weights!

      Delete
  5. I have never been to Pittsburgh but it is really becoming a hip city for running and restaurants. I'd love to do a race there sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city! If you want to check out this race, check out the low price in December, it is very well organized and it's "mostly" downhill.

      Delete
  6. The fries on the salad definitely sound interesting, I've never had that before! I do dishes because I traded Mike that chore for dealing with the kitty litter. I'd much rather handle the dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it wasn't a laughing matter at the time, but I had to laugh at you getting in a fight over dishes and refusing to run with him. Ha! And then dancing in the parking lot--love that! Nice that you got to come to Pgh for the Great Race. I've actually never done it since I'm usually on or just getting back from vacation. Oh, and I've had that same experience on the Turnpike! Gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment