Please Write This Books

I had written this post a few weeks ago, but hadn't finished it to publish it. And as I sit here today, with new of the Earthquake in Mexico City and Puebla, my heart is heavy with thoughts of those affected in my country. My immediate family doesn't live close to Mexico city, so they are ok. My brother in law's family lives in Mexico city and He got word last night that they are safe and ok. We are still thinking of all others affected.




Over the last few years, I have read/ listened to a few autobiographies of singers, actors, politicians, comedians and judges. I have a soft spot for "celebrity" biographies. And as I am making my way through Steven Tyler's book, makes me wish for this other celebrity autobiographies.

1. Enrique Bunbury. He has a few documentaries about being part of Heroes del Silencio, to his solo career, but I need a book. A book with his story from his childhood, with pictures, stories, details of the songs, and all the little nasty in between. I also need this to be an audiobook, read by Enrique Bunbury, because his accent and voice is something I could listen to all day long.



2. La Ley. I have been a fan since I was 13, their music is embedded in my brain, and when there is a movie made about my life, their music will be blasted from all speakers. At this point in my life, I would take a book from Beto Cuevas, Mauricio Claveria or Pedro Frugone, even from ex-members !! I want to know why they broke up in 2005, why they switched over to popish music, and why their new CD sucks. I still love La Ley, but refuse to acknowledge their last CD.



3. Vicente Fernandez- There is no bigger Mexican celebrity than Vicente Fernandez. Everybody knows at least 3 of his songs, and can name one of his movies. Because of his fame, I am sure he was a serial womanizer, who probably drank heavily too. He used to drink during his hours long concerts, openly on stage. I need to read all the details of his amazing career. Fun Fact: Vicente Fernandez performed a song at a Hillary Clinton Rally.



4.. Los Tigres Del Norte. Like Vicente Fernandez, Los Tigres del Norte a legendary, not only in Mexico, but South America, and parts of Europe. They write songs that are relevant to the politics of our country, songs about heart aches, and danceable songs. I would love to read about their beginnings as a band, their life on tour, their families and how they wrote their songs. Fun fact: I used to be madly in love with two members of the band.



Honorable Mentions: I would love to one day write (with lots of help) a biography of my mom, because she is the most remarkable woman ever.


Have you read any celebrity autobiographies?

What biography do you wish could be written?







Comments

  1. I was watching footage of the earthquake near Mexico City this morning and it looks horrible :( I'm glad your family is safe. As far as books, I don't read enough biographies. I definitely need to add more to my list. I'm listening to Al Franken's latest book as an audio book right now and it's pretty much an autobiography. It's pretty funny too which is a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my sister, and she told me that she doesn't "DO" biographies!! I was speechless!

      I am going to add Franken's book to my list.

      Delete
  2. I can't even watch the news. Harvey. Irma. Maria. The earthquake!! I seriously can't watch, it's too sad. :(

    Jane Fonda's memoir was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't either! My mom said that Univision was alternating between the earthquake and the hurricane for 3 whole days, she said it was very upsetting.

      Delete
  3. I was sad about the earthquake when I heard about the one last week. Is this a new one or the same one? Glad your family is safe. I don't know the last autobiography I read. I usually see their story on the True Hollywood story on "E"...haha. Oh wait, I read a biography on Mary Kay Ash and it was wonderful! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earthquake last week was a new one, the second in two weeks. I used to love the E! True Hollywood stories! I watched so many before! do they still have those? Does E! have anything that is not the Kardashians?

      I'll check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  4. I want to a book on Princess Diana, I feel I don't know enough about her! but is it possible to know enough about her?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment