Week In Review - Awesome Holiday Week!

Happy Monday! how are you today? I hope you had an awesome holiday weekend! 




This was a full back to work week, and back to school for my son. 

Running 

Things got slowed down this week in running. It was another hot week, but running still got done. 

Tuesday - 3 easy miles
Wednesday - 4 tempo
Friday - 3 stormy miles 
Saturday - 10 miles 

On Friday, I was scheduled to run 10 miles, because I had a lot of things scheduled for Saturday. But I had to be at work to solve an end of the month crisis. We went for a run after work, and got caught in a storm. We were in Hershey, when it started to drizzle, but we kept running. A half a mile in, it started raining harder and harder. We finished our 3 miles and it stopped raining. 

On Saturday before my run, I broke my running glasses and had to run on my regular glasses. The humidity was intense and kept making my glasses foggy. 






Mothering and Sistering 

My son started 4th grade! He was really excited and happy to be back at school. So we are back at packing lunches, sleeping schedules and homework. At least I can be happy to report that my son's teacher is not a big fan of homework!




Because of the holiday weekend, my son had to spend the weekend with his Dad :~( 

This Saturday, I got to experience the second longest day of my life... at least in recent memory. I took my older sister to a show by her favorite band ever. It was so amazing to see her enjoying the show! I'll tell you more about how long my day was, because I still can't believe I did that! 





And On Sunday, to help recover from no sleep, we went to see Mission Impossible, it was pretty good! 
Currently Reading 

I picked up The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I have never seemed the movie, but I kept hearing references to it while listening to interview for Crazy Rich Asians, which I still have to see!! 

I hope you had an awesome week !

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good week overall except for that rain on Friday! I remember really liking the Joy Luck Club but I read it a long time ago. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy Luck Club was good... my sisters and I really enjoy stories of Asian families, so this fit in perfectly!

      I'll post about my book reviews next week, come back to check out reviews, please!

      Delete
  2. I think more teachers are shying away from homework! Except of course reading. Which should be FUN, right? Does reading reddit count? ;)

    Did your nugget ever have to play the recorder in 3rd grade? Or do they do that in 4th grade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope more teachers follow that lead!! We already read every night, so that is always covered. Redding anything counts!!

      He did have to play the recorder, but it wasn't allowed to leave school! I guess the kids in his class forgot it too many times? He can now pick an instrument, if he wants to.

      Delete

Post a Comment