Week In Review - 9.09.18

Good Morning! What a great week it was!

With the holiday and an unexpected school day off, this week was busy, but it felt really short.

Running

Race week is here!! I tried really hard to taper, knowing it would not do anything for how fast my race would be, but wanting my legs to be rested.

Labor Day Miles - We went to Swatara State Park for a quick 8 miler. We were going to go to Hershey, but I suggested Swatara on our way and Roger went for it. But I wasn't prepared to run in the blazing sun with no water. I finished my run around 7.80 miles, when we got back to the car and called it a day.




On Thursday I went to try out Brooks Levitates at the local Fleet Feet Sports. They were very cushy, I think they would be good for long runs... but I'm not in the market for shoes right now.

Friday was the Bird In Hand 5K. My sisters all love this race, and we met there for run it together. We love the hot air balloons, and the food. This year, because of the weather, the balloons were cancelled. But the pasta was still on! We ate until we were almost kicked out.







Hitching a ride in the back of my sister's truck to our car... the field was dark, muddy and poopy (horse poopy)


And Saturday was the Bird in Hand Half Marathon. I was really nervous about running it, because when we left my parents house, the rain was coming down pretty steady, and I had not slept well. But the race turned out fantastic, it went by really fast and I enjoyed it very much!




Mothering, Sistering and Daughtering

My son had off from school last Wednesday, because they found mold in his classroom. We took advantaged of our time, and went to the library for some books, and did some work at home. He is a really good helper !

This was another awesome weekend spent with my sisters. We had planned to go see Crazy Rich Asians after the half marathon. All three of us read the book and were SUPER excited to see the movie.



The movie theater that we went to was one of those fancy ones that have chairs that recline all the way back. It was amazing!! We loved the movie so much! We laughed, we cried, we screamed at the mean Mom! We might go see it again!




This was my "trunck outfit", if you saw the movie, you get the reference. My change of clothes was in my sister's car, and I drove my own car to the movie, but didn't want to go with my sweaty, stanky, wet clothes from the half marathon. I had this shorts from Walmart, that I was meant to return 2 months ago, and this sweater my sister got for me in June. Perfect outfit to go see a fancy movie after a Half Marathon.

Supper fancy pose.. you can't see, but I'm holding a towel on my other arm. Roger had tried to steal my towel, because it was really cold at the movies.
 
 
Sunday was scheduled to be my easy rest, chill and recover day. I was doing laundry and contemplating tackling my son's room for a re-organization, when I went to check where my parents were. They started their trip back from Mexico on Thursday Morning, and were due to arrive on Sunday afternoon, but they were still in Ohio.... It sounded really odd. So I called my Mom, and she said they were due to leave Ohio at 8:30 pm, and arrive the next morning at 10:30 am!! Now, my parents are on their sixties, and still braving traveling by bus everywhere... I just knew I could not leave them in Ohio to wait for their bus. So, we went to get them! I will post more about this crazy road trip later this week, because all the crazy things we saw do not fit just in one paragraph.


I hope you had an awesome week!!

Comments

  1. Wow, that's so nice that you were able to go get your parents! It sounds like it ended up being quite the trip. I'm glad to hear that the race went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long trip!! But now we can say we have been to Ohio and to West Virginia!

      Delete
  2. You are a wonderful daughter for going to get your parents in OH!!!

    Our school has had mold too. We didn't have days off this year but we have in the past. Our HVAC systems are just not able to handle the humidity. Ours needs replaced badly.

    I'm glad you liked Crazy Rich Asians! I actually have a trunk outfit too. I keep a packed gym bag in the car with workout clothes and work clothes. That way if I ever suddenly want to go to the gym, I can and I don't need to pack anything!

    When we went to see the movie, there was a preview for a movie called A Simple Favor. It looked so good! I'm going to go see it Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just knew I couldn't leave them waiting for such a long time!

      It seems a lot of schools have struggled with mold in the last few years.

      That is an excellent idea to keep two outfits in the trunk! I only have an emergency summer outfit, and one for my son. Now I have to change it to an emergency winter outfit.

      Did you see A Simple Favor? The book was good, lots of unreliable narrators and a few twist. I might go see it too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment