Weekly Wrap - Baltimore Weekend

Happy Monday! I like Mondays, especially after a fantastic weekend.



Workouts
Monday: 3 easy miles and weights
Thursday : 5 miles with Fleet Feet
Saturday : 7.60 Marathon Relay
Sunday : 5 Easy miles 

On Monday I paced Roger for 3 easy miles. I say paced, because my easy speed, is his tempo pace. He tried to go faster, and I had to bring him back. It was a good shake out run, and it felt good. I wear a lot of black, but when fall rolls around, I dig out all my colors because I need to be seen. 


On Tuesday, the google doodle was Selena!! I have loved Selena since I was 12, so it was very special to watch the video that came with the doodle. 



On Thursday I went to run with the Fleet Feet group, I was only supposed to do 4 miles, but the temperature was great and the pace was going good, so I went with the group and did 5 miles. 

After Fleet Feet, I stopped at Target to pick up a couple of things for Christmas. My brother asked for an iPhone charger adapter, which Target had in a shelf for $19.99. So I grabbed 2, we need one too.... but when they charged me for it, it rang up at $29.99. I went to customer service, and they went and check, and made me wait! only to tell me that the chargers were in the wrong peg! What? That's not my fault, and I told the cashier. She told me that she couldn't refund me the money, that they would move the items. I was annoyed. 


On Friday my son had his Run for Education Event. I don't understand the purpose of this event. At all. The kids go outside and run, and parents and family pledge money to the school. It would make more sense to me if they organized a race and invited the entire school to register, even if it was a 5K, and they promoted it.... I'm getting away ahead of myself. My kid and I walked around the School for 30 minutes. 



After I went back to work, and finished as much as my work before leaving early to meet Meranda and Megan. We drove and talked our way to Baltimore for the Marathon Relay. Let me tell you right now, Meranda, Megan, Heather and Lacey are very kind, so beautiful and wonderful in person. It's like hanging out with celebrities !



Saturday was marathon relay day! After finding some food, I made my way to my relay exchange, and what an experience that was! We went, we ran, we conquered! We totally rocked Baltimore! Check out our blogs later this week for recaps! 





Roger's favorite season of Pennsylvania is fall, for the change of colors in leaves. He has been waiting patiently for the leaves to make their change, so he can take some pictures. So on Sunday, we headed out to Pine Grove Furnace for a short run, and a short hike to check out the leaves. When we got there, we were surprised to find a Fall festival happening! We considered skipping our run, and just sit down and eat food, but we still ran. After we had some yummy food and checked out the stands. I picked up a bath bomb! I need to find time to take a bath and try it!


We found Pumpkin spice Pop Corn!! it was delicious !


Currently Reading 
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Most of my books have been pretty heavy subjects this month, I might need a light comedy after all this books. 





What has been your favorite Google Doodle? 

What is the newest pumpkin spice item you have found? 

Have the leaves changed where you are? 

Have you even ran a relay? 






Comments

  1. I had so much fun hanging out with you girls too. I had more fun talking than running because I like yas all so much! :)

    I'm glad you got 5 miles in the next day and what a fun surprise about the festival. I lifted yesterday. It was so beautiful and I wanted to run. I did get outside to do yard work though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! surprise festival will now be expected at all runs now. It was a beautiful day to run, and Pine Grove was a perfect location for it.

      Sunday was a perfect day for gardening!

      Delete
  2. The relay sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear more about it :) I've never done a relay but the logistics always sound complicated. How cool that you guys happened upon that Fall festival, the popcorn sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun!! It was a completely different experience, not complicated, just needed a little extra planning, and it all worked out perfectly.

      The popcorn was soo good!! Roger has already eaten all of it.

      Delete
  3. Ya know what, I never noticed that there were videos with the Google Doodles! I'll have to be more aware now!

    Thank you for such kind words! We all had a great time hanging out with eachother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to find the link for the doodle and send it to you, it was very cute!

      That we did! We will need a full weekend next time!.

      Delete

Post a Comment