Weekly Wrap 10.29.17

Happy Monday! How are you today? I hope you had a fantastic weekend. 



First thing first, I keep myself accountable by telling you about my workouts

Workouts 
Tuesday: 5 easy tempo miles with the Beer Runners
Wednesday: weights and 4 easy miles
Friday: 11 miles long run, with intervals 

On Tuesday, I had a coffee standoff with a coworker... he drank the last of MY coffee and now I'm refusing to buy more to share with him. See, it's weird. My office doesn't provide us with coffee, but I need coffee to function, so I brought my coffee pot, my filters and buy my coffee to make there. I share it with one of my co-workers, but this past Tuesday he took the very last of it... it feels to me that he stole my coffee, so I'm not buying anymore coffee for the office, at least for now. That sounds fair, right? 


Later that Tuesday, I was feeling frustrated because of my rush to finish my file audits, so running 5 tempo miles with the beer runners felt really good. I also had the chance to catch up with my running buddy Jodi, who I haven't seen in a little bit, and saw my buddy Adrianne, who I have not seen in a long while. 

Wednesday my body was so really tired, but I laced up and ran my 4 miles. It was finally chill enough to wear long sleeves and dark for the headlamp. 


On Thursday I was taking my kid to an costume dress rehearsal at my friend Megan's. But my kid had a small meltdown on the way there and was annoyed with me the rest of the night. I found out much later, that he saw a clown that scared him, and he was afraid the clown was real. I still forget he is only 8. 

On the mornings I get dressed on the dark, because somebody I live with.... who shall remain nameless, is still sleeping.... I went to work, was at work for 8.5 hours. Attended a meeting for 1 hour, had a long conversation with a participant, came home, picked up my kid from school, drove to Megan's, and came back home, to find out I went all day with my sweater inside out! Yup ! all 12 hours of my day!



On Friday during my long run, I had a goal !! In the summer I slow down, a lot! the heat stresses me out and I don't feel like pushing my body, so my miles are slow and steady. For this run, I decided to push out of my comfort zone, and run without stopping to walk, with the exceptions of water breaks. I lasted 9 miles! 

My gorgeous running route in the fall

Saturday was our fall corn maze re-schedule day! We took the kids to the Cherry Crest corn maze, and let the kids run around and play non stop. There might have been a few injuries... my niece slid off a slide too fast and scrapped her back... and my son fell on his butt climbing a rope web... but the kids had fun, and the grownups ate all the food. 




My apple Sundae 


Sunday was a lazy raining day,  and no running got done.No shame on that. 

Currently Reading 
Love and First Sight by Josh Sundquist.




Do you bring your own coffee to your office? 

Have you worn anything inside out to work? 

Have you ever had an apple Sundae? 

Have you ever held a baby chick?



Comments

  1. And apple sundae sounds so freaking good!

    A clown! That makes sense. Clowns are very scary.

    I have to get my butt over to Hershey and run that beautiful trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appple Sundae is so good! better than I had expected!

      When did Clows become scary? Is it because of the movie IT?

      Delete
  2. What's up with all the creepy clowns everywhere! I don't blame your son for being scared, I'm pretty scared of them too. That apple sundae sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! I remember hearing about the creepy clowns last year, but I thought those were gone? maybe they are never really gone.

      Delete
  3. Ok, Ana, that coworker needs a hex put on him/her.... that is all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea!! A Hex! he needs to stop drinking my coffee!

      Delete
  4. I had a giggle about your sweater, I guess it was one of those that wasn't noticeable which is good. The other day my friend went to work with two different shoes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I wore a jacket the entire day, so it was not noticeable at all. Just embarrassing to find out. One of my co-workers showed up wearing different shoes once too!

      Delete

Post a Comment