Week In Review- Welcome to The Heat

Happy Monday!! How is your day going?

My week was busy and crazy, and I loved it!



Running

As part of the arrival of summer, each year I lose speed as the temperatures go up. But that doesn't mean the speed work stops... I really wish it did. 




Monday: Easy 4 miles by my hood
Thursday: Intervals 
Friday: 4 miles tempo
Saturday- 5 miles with 4 sprints at the end
Sunday- 9 miles Long Run.


We ran at a State Park on Saturday and Sunday to avoid some of the heat, and also started running super early. 



The shade coolness of the state park made this runs possible!!

After the long run, we took a dip on the water.


A combination of the cool water, and the showers available... I might never run anywhere else. 


Mothering

My son got back from his beach vacation with his Dad! I was super happy to see his smiling face! 

As part of our summer trips, we visited Hershey Gardens. The butterfly garden was amazing!!





It was a hot day, but we enjoyed walking around the Gardens. 

After 4 days in a row of getting up in the 5 am, it was a really nice break to get up at 6 on Monday! 

Currently Reading 

I have read the entire Harry Potter series about 7 times, and watched the movies a lot less than that. So when my sister was finishing Harry Potter for the first time, I got intense FOMO and picked up where I had left off on my 8th round of Harry Potter, at Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. 




This is the longest book of the series, and one of the most stressful, but the masterful way in which J.K. Rowling wrote this book! She captured corruption, xenophobia, greediness, discrimination, depression. And in a very eerie way, it feels like she predicted the current USA Presidency. If you have read the book, we can agree that Dolores Umbridge is Trump, and the ministry of magic is the Republican ruled Congress. 


I'm off the rest of the week starting tomorrow, so starting at 5:00 today, I'm in weekend time. 





 Happy 4th of July!












Comments

  1. That shaded park sounds perfect for Summer runs! I love the Harry Potter books. I was thinking I might re-try them as audio books this time... then I can take them with me while running :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, try out Harry Potter as an Audiobook! Try out the one narrated by Jim Dale, he did an amazing job at giving lives to each single character. Anytime I miss Harry Potter, I just order the audiobook, and Jim Dale makes the experience unique.

      Delete
  2. Honestly I think Trump is more of a Peeves than an Umbridge. Calling him Umbridge is giving him a lot of credit he probably doesn't deserve, but if he is Umbridge then I'm ready for the centaurs to come and do their thing :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your insight!

      I am waiting for centaurs, Giants, and all wizards to do something already!! Where is Harry Potter when we need him?

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your long 4th of July weekend! :) Paul and I are trying to decide what to do today...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment