Week In Review - The forgotten week and the Flood

Hello! how are you? Remember my last post? The one when I said that I will be keeping up with my blog better? And then last week happened, and I sounded like a liar. Last week was a crazy busy week, and I was buried with work and busier than than the week before... didn't really think it as possible.

Running

My exhaustion from work carried over to my running, and I barely got 11 miles. That included some intervals, The Harrisburg Mile and a slow 5 miler.




I had hoped to beat my Harrisburg Mile time, and come under 7:10, but I didn't. I was disappointed for about 6 minutes, then got over it. A mile at 7:35 is still pretty good!

Because I cut my long run short on Sunday, I made up part of it and ran 8 miles on Monday. It felt amazing to run long on a Monday, but it's not sustainable for me to do during a work week.

I listened to some old tunes, but tried a new route on Thursday. I was tired and hot, and had ice cream as a treat after.


From 1994 to 2005, I listened to La Ley religiously. Listening to their greatest hits was a trip to Memory Lane


Look at that perfect dipped swirl

We decided to run up a hill on Saturday, at Boyds Big Tree. A lot of the trail was erroded because of the heavy rain, it looks like it will take a long time to get itself fixed.








Mothering

The rain last week was a damper on our activities and kept us inside for some days. We were scheduled to have our annual family canoeing trip, but when we arrived to the canoe place, it was raining. But because we were all together, we went to an arcade to entertain the kids. 

My son has been asking to learn how to crochet, but I have no idea how to do that... luckily, my mom showed me some tricks and we have been practicing together. Except for the day I got stuck in my own chain. 



My sister was in town briefly, and we met up with her for lunch. We went to Alvaro's in Harrisburg and enjoyed some delicious pasta and salad. The food there is always really good, and hanging out with my son and my sister was the best. 


Ravioli and Meatballs

Tomato Salad




This week, we had a lot of rain in the area, causing a lot of flooding problems in Hershey and the surrounding areas. The Susquehanna River was also very high, we got out mandatory high river pics. 



Currently Reading

I joined the Summer Reading program at the library, and part of it included a self help book, so I grabbed The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. So fart it has been interesting, but some things feel like things I learned from other books. 




Funny Find 

I love finding grocery store items aimed specifically at the fragility of masculinity. Like this "Extreme" post it notes. It doesn't say men anywhere, but the ad for it only has men in construction sites. 





How is your week? 

I Missed all of your post so much ! I will be working on catching up!

Comments

  1. Omg I would love those EXTREME post it's for school, lol! I think the kids would know I mean business then. :)

    Congrats on 7:35! It is so hard to do the mile in the summer and so late at night. You should try again on a day you feel refreshed and hit that 7:10!

    My friends were running at Boyds yesterday and they saw a BEAR!!! Have you ever seen bears there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should get you some extreme post its for your classroom!! what would you use them for?

      thank you! I thought it was a pretty decent time, better than I did in high school!

      I did not see a bear, but now I'm going to be afraid of seeing one. Were they ok? Were your friends near the bear?

      Delete
  2. That’s so cool that you and your son are both trying to learn to crochet! I tried to teach myself but could never really get things even. I read the Happiness Project a couple years ago and remember really liking it at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment