Week In Review- Half Vacation Week

Happy Tuesday! Last week was great, and restful. 



Running
 
The heat has been oppressive here this week, but the running still needs done. I ran 4 days in a row the prior week, so I took a 3 day break. I had my son and also wanted to avoid the heat. 


I still managed a tempo run, a 5K and a long run. 

The tempo felt so good after having taken off 3 days, my only complaint was the super humid weather.


After running, I did weights. My son coached me, and made me do burpees. 

Roger's demonstration
I took pictures of what Roger wanted me to do, because I can never remember the names of the exercise he tells me to do. 

On Saturday we ran a free 5K in Carlisle. Despite the weather having been hell the week before, the weather for the 5K was perfection.  


My so did amazing at the 5K! He ran almost the entire race, and even placed 3rd on his age group! 

The long run on Sunday was painful. I was tired, had a headache and was dehydrated for most of the run. I ran loops around a 3 mile paved trail, and it was very much a mental training. 



Mothering

Because of the holiday, I had an entire week with my son! It was so amazing! We had a busy schedule that included: 

The Free Symphony concert 


Time at the pool



 4th of July picnic and swim at the State Park Beach 




 A visit to the Science Factory with my Niece






Lunch with My niece  and my sister




The 5K






An Impromptu trip to Krispy Kreme in Maryland for chocolate frosted donuts



And a movie date to go see Antman and The Wasp

We also did some craft projects, shopped for clothes for my son's Bear and played with Legos. 

I had off from work for 5 days, including the holiday and the weekend, which felt amazing!! However, I have tons of work to catch up with now. 


Currently Reading

I took a short break from reading, because I was completely focused on spending time with my son. But on Sunday I picked up Como Agua Para Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. That is Like Water For Chocolate. I read the book in English about 13 years ago, but decided to pick it up in Spanish this time. 



How was your week? 

How was your holiday?

Comments

  1. That's fun that you had so much family time! I'm impressed with how many people are at the state park beach, wow!

    Congrats to your son for placing in the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The park was completely packed!! people having full picnics all over the place, it was amazing! I had not seen the park so full before.

      Thank you! he was very excited for getting a medal!

      Delete
  2. Yay for the 5k AG place!!

    How did you like Antman? I thought it was fun even though I kept asking myself how she could be in whatever realm she was in for 30 years without food and water. Also, how can a match car size car go as fast as a real size car? Loved how it tied into the Infinity movie at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I had lots of questions about the physics theories they were violating.. there is no way a mini car can go at the same speed as the regular cars... it would almost fall apart. And yes, I had the same thoughts on food and shelter.... completely impossible. The very first bonus scene crushed me, I can't believe they turned to dust! But the movie was funny and could stand alone.

      Delete
  3. What park were you at? How many times did you run around Wildwood? Did you see any snakes???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Pine Grove, we are a little obsessed with Pino Grove right now.

      I ran 3.5 loops at Wildwood, and there were no snake sightings.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your son on his age group placement! It sounds like a really full, but fun, week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! It was an awesome week, probably one of the best of the year.

      Delete
  5. That's so cool that your son placed in his AG!

    I stopped reading recently because I have been absolutely binging Angel. I'm already almost done with season 2, I have just 1.5 episodes left haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment