Week In Review - Longest Work Week

Happy Monday! What a week last week was! Work was weird, I felt like I worked two weeks straight! 



Workouts 
Monday - 3 mile run, and whole body work out 
Friday - 6 mile run 
Saturday - 3 mile milkshake run

This week our weather finally gave us some temperatures above freezing, which felt like spring was almost here! but only for a few days, and we are back to frozen again. 



On Monday I was running inside, because of freezing rain and snow. The office let out early, but I brought work home with me. I was glad to be out of work early, I had almost no groceries at home and no time to get any!

My desk covered in piles of papers. I might as well burn the desk down and move to another country

Years ago I set myself a rule to not bring work home, especially if it was because somebody else's delay work that caused me to be behind. But with the holidays, the early dismissals, the snow, my work had piled on and I had no option but to bring things home. 

On Tuesday, we got out of work early again! There was a water main break a block from our office, and water had to be shut off for the entire block. With no working toilets, and low pressure on the sprinkling system, we had to close the office early. But again, I brought work with me to do at home. This time, enough work to do that night, and the day after. We also took my son out for his birthday, and shared this amazing dessert!



Wednesday the office ended up being closed, because of water issues again. I had planned to finish my work, and go outside for a run, since I had the time and the weather was finally tolerable ! But with answering emails and doing work from my laptop ( think laptop keyboard, one screen instead of two and no number pad) I couldn't finish my work on time. 

Laptop, pile or work and calendar, I need to be able to look back 2 months at all times for my work

Thursday was half a day of training away from the office, which AGAIN caused me to bring work home. I was severely irritated, because the weather was perfect for a run and there was a beer run, but work HAD to be finished that night! I was irritated, and rewarded myself with a latte... *** MISTAKE*** That latte kept me up until past midnight! 

Finally on Friday, we woke up to amazing weather and I was going to run outside!! I was determined! 

Shorts, tank and head lamp! 

On Saturday we woke up to freezing rain, but we went for the milkshake run anyway! It was a little slippery, but we managed it. Then we went with the River Runners for Milkshakes at the Farm Show. 

I look really weird in this picture.. but I am wearing 4 layers of shirts .  Shorts and Tank top 14 hours before this picture





This week, work and the changing weather zapped all my energy. I am almost embarrassed to say that I skipped my long run on Sunday... but I just didn't have it in me at all. 

Currently Reading

On Sunday I finished What Made Maddy Run, and it really broke me. I will post more about it later this week, because I had a lot of thoughts about it. I told myself that my brain and heart needed a lighter read, something with flowers, puppies, high heels and a dreamy man... and I borrowed a book that had most of this on the cover, but before it was even finished downloading, I quit the app and returned the book. 

A light book won't make the cruelness of the world go away for me. Instead I dowloaded Giovani's Room by James Baldwin. 



I am going to also say, that I am not addressing 45's comments on other countries... because he doesn't deserve the mention... and because as I have been saying since 2015, he is a racist.  Also, somebody is probably monitoring my social media activity, and I need to stay in this country with my son. 

How was your week? 

Do you have rules for bringing work home? 

Somebody please recommend a lighter read, I don't need flowers, but something that doesn't end in death would be appreciated. 


Comments

  1. You did have a busy week. I can't believe you went out in the slippy on Sat. I was supposed to run trail but waited until about 10am to run because I didn't want to be on the roads.

    Our president is the shithole. I hate him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a tough work week! I do bring work home some times because it's more pleasant to do it at home than in the office if I have so much that it can't be done in regular work hours. At least I've got my cats and husband at home instead of staying late at the office by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm sorry you had such a tough work week. I wouldn't like having work at home every evening either. Glad you were finally able to run outside! Have a great rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment