Week In Review - Long Week

Happy Sunday! I have recently come to discover that I don't like Sundays, because they feel like I am in a rush to finish a lot of things, and I don't like that anxiety.




This week we are back to a more normal workout schedule, with a more reasonable winter, and less work to bring home.

Workouts
Monday - 2.8 intervals + Weights
Thursday - 4.2 miles and Zumba
Friday - 4.5 miles and body weight workouts
Saturday - 10 miles long run
Sunday - Run Your Ice Off 5K

Monday of last week feels as if it was an eternity ago. We ran outside in the dark, but it felt so good! I was really tired, and my brain wanted to go home and take a nap. I have said this here before, but having the sun setting at 5, messes with my brain .... my brain sees dark and thinks "We need to be sleeping".

On Thursday I went back to run with the Fleet Feet group, and my friend Adrienne was there! I haven't run with her in a while, and it was nice to catch up with her.

Friday was a busy day at work, we had a small situation with a participant, in which multiple agencies had to be called and we were in crisis intervention mode the entire day! By the time we left, we were told that another agency was in charge of the crisis for the rest of the weekend.

After dealing with all that stress, and my normal work load, my body was again exhausted and I was almost falling asleep before we went for our run.

Saturday was our long run day, because of two reasons, 1. it was the best weather of the week, and 2. We wanted to do a 5K on Sunday.


Shin splints are starting to show their ugly face again... 

After our 10 miles, I went to the Hershey outlets, where I argued with myself on buying a Selena shirt... I loved the shirt, but my age and flabby belly disagreed with me wearing a cropped top :~(


We also had a post run "date" at Chillis... by date, it means we ate outside of our home on a Saturday! Roger and I shared a margarita, it was delicious, I miss tequila!

There is a town nearby that does an Ice Fest at the end of January, this year they brought back their 5K. Roger and I made our way down to Chamberburg early on Sunday. With the warmth and rain the night before, most of the ice sculptures were melted and didn't have much of their original shape, but we still walked around checking out the town. 









And that's it for our week! 

UPDATE

Currently Reading

I forgot to add the books I'm reading this week! I am listening to Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi at work, and reading We Are Going to Need More Wine, Stories by Gabrielle Union.




Was your week as long as mine? 

What is your favorite mixed drink? 

Did you ever wear a cropped top? I did, back in the early 2000s.... when all tops were cropped! 

What did you do this weekend? 

Comments

  1. I am super impressed that you ran a race after a long run. I did that once last summer, but I treated the race as a recovery run.

    Definitely a long week with lots of sleep deprivation so I'm saying this week's gonna be better. I have worn crop tops, and I don't believe age should ever deter you from wearing what you want, but I'll pass on them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! you are too kind! I get crazy about races, so there is no reasoning with me about long runs and races.

      I hope you get some sleep!!

      You are right, age shouldn't determine what I want to wear, it's just my own insecurity I need to get over.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I ever wore a crop top and definitely would not wear one now...lol.

    Kudos to you on running the race. Our ice festival is this weekend and there will be sculptures (if they don't melt) and a 5K race. I hadn't signed up but still debating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice fest 5Ks are really cool! but really fast runners show up! The woman who won the race, did it on 19 minutes! I hope we get a bit of cold temps for your ice fest, ice sculptures are so cool!!

      Delete
  3. Congrat on that race! Did your shins behave? When mine act up, I always walk around on my heels. Weird but it seems to help stretch out the muscles.

    Um, no crop top for me. I've always been self conscious of my tummy and after kids, oh hell no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I will try that! I tried stretching them last night, but my calves and shins were very angry with me.

      Our wonderful kids and the stretch marks they left behind!

      Delete
  4. That's too bad about the ice sculptures melting but it sounds like you guys made the best of it! How's the Gabrielle Union book? I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gabriel Union book is really good! I am really enjoying it, and highly recommend it.

      Delete
  5. I agree about when it gets dark it feels like it's time to head to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is our body's natural response to the dark.... it's saying "it's dark, go protect yourself".

      Delete
  6. I dont think i ever wore cropped tops. I was too self conscious to wear a bikini until I was like 21! Where did you see the Selena shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Selena shirt at Rue 21 in Hershey outlets. They had tons of them, but all were cropped tops.

      Delete

Post a Comment