Week In Review - Long Week

Happy Sunday! Tomorrow I have off from work for Indigenous People Day... Ok, that's a lie... I have off for that other holiday that I don't acknowledge.

Running

This week, I slowly got back to higher mileage, and even did a race.

I wanted to run 5 miles on Thursday, but the humidity was back and it was a hot and challenging run, my legs gave up at 4 miles.

After work on Friday, I went for a tempo 5 miles at Wildwood. The sun as about to set when I finished, so I rushed to finish and got in my car and left... the park closes at dusk and I didn't want to be there in the dark.

At the last minute, I signed up to run HARRC in the park 10 mile trail race. I had wanted to do this race in the past, but timing didn't quite work out, until this year. It was a very nice race, and I managed to place on my age group!



Total miles for the week : 19

Mothering, and Wiving 

As I mentioned last week, my son and I got into a little argument last week, by the time I picked him up on Tuesday, it was like it had never happened, he didn't even remember it. Good thing I spent two days being miserable about it!

He came home and it was all back to business as usual... light homework, laughing and playing. He had his first field trip last Thursday, and then a 4 day weekend !

On Saturday, Roger and I headed to Philly for him to do an aikido class. He really enjoys doing aikido, and there isn't any classer closer by.

That young woman got to throw Roger to the ground 

After his class, we went for some Vietnamese food nearby. We shared a chicken Pho and a Banh-mi Pork Sandwich. This was my first time having Bahn mi, and it was so delicious and amazing!! I want to have it again soon!!



Currently Reading 

I just got The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright from the library, and I hope it's a good book, because it's part of my 100 books to read in a Lifetime check list.


Comments

  1. Congrats on placing in your AG! I have run HARRC in the Park a couple times and thought about doing it this year but was up until 3am the night before coming back from Philly! The Vietnamese food looks delish. I don't think I ever had it. Four day weekend? AWESOME! I have a music teacher conference today in Lancaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I looked for you, wondering if you would be there.

      The food was so tasty! Let me know if you want to try it and we will go our for Pho, it's a life changer!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on placing in your age group at the race! And I love banh mi, all the flavors are so delicious in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Banhmi is amazing!! I'm going to try the chicken one this weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment