Week In Review - Falling Back

Hello there, how are you? I'm a little late with my post today, I had a rough day on Sunday and it carried over into Monday. Everything is fine, I was just emotionally not well.

Running

I tried to pick up on my miles this week, because I signed up for the Hershey Half Marathon... I have been a race repeater this year, and couldn't miss out on running Hershey again. However, a few Maternal obligations kept me from fully committing to my running.

However, I did get around doing 2 days of weights!! Go me!

Mothering

On Tuesday I attended my first ever PTO meeting. I have volunteered with my son's school for many years, but never once attended a PTO meeting... it answered so many questions!



My son's school had their annual Race for Education, where the kids run around the school for sections of the day. After their running, they had a silly string battle. It really did look like a lot of fun!




On Saturday we traveled to Lititz, PA. We were hoping to buy some tickets for the Chocolate walk that will take place next weekend, but all three places were sold out.

My son was listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and he got to the end and was so sad... it took a little to shake him off his mood... but chocolate chip cookies have healing powers.

He didn't move from this position for a solid 15 minutes.



On Sunday I got into a very silly argument with my son, and when he left for his Dad's, I was upset with myself for getting into a fight with him, and knowing he was mad at me when he left. It ruined the rest of my day.. I was due to run 10 miles, but my body barely managed 5. That carried over into Monday and I was still feeling miserable and skipped another run.

Woman's Voice

I didn't watch the Dr. Ford testimony, but did see highlights. I also found this amazing commentary on the comparison of Dr. Ford and The out of control man who went after her.




This hit me so hard!


Currently Reading

Last week, I had two books I was going to listen to. American Marriage by Tayari Jones and Difficult Women by Roxane Gay. Until the library had other plans, and sent back American Marriage and Difficult Women wasn't compatible with my device for download. So back at 0!

I randomly picked up Swing Time by Zadie Smith, but I'm not loving it.

Comments

  1. Do you think the argument effected your son too or do you think he just blew it off? Don't be so hard on yourself Ana. I hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! My week got better, buying ice cream helped ! My son completely forgot about the fight, but the problem that started the fight got fixed, so it might have been worth the fight.

      Delete
  2. As an angry white woman, this makes me angry! Why do men get to be angry? And when women get angry, they get called the b-word?

    It's why I run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the argument with your son, I hope that you guys have worked it out and things are better now! I wasn't able to watch last week's testimony but I read about it afterwards and it was so infuriating. I'm glad that there is at least time for a FBI investigation but I'm not sure it will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got worked out, thanks !

      Last week seems like an eternity ago now, and how depressing that he was confirmed !

      Delete
  4. I think my comment got eaten so sorry if this shows up twice! I'm sorry you had the fight with your son and then it just stuck with you. :( I know it is tough for you when he goes to his dad's house and leaving on bad terms I'm sure makes it all the worse.

    The Ezra Klein Show podcast just did an interview with Rebecca Traistor about how white men get to be angry but women's anger is dismissed. You would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out the podcast , thanks !

      I need to learn to deal better, still trying to learn.

      Delete

Post a Comment