Why Bunbury?

Earlier today, I was heading to a meeting outside of the office. I was driving myself and my co-worker to the meeting, and he is the type of person who has to make comments about everything, so as soon as he got in the car, he asked who was singing on the CD I was playing. I said it was Enrique Bunbury, whom we are going to go see in Concert in NYC this weekend. 

Then he asked me a question that people don't ask me often, "What do you like about him?" Normally people joke "I thought you were going to say Enrique Iglesias" or "Does he sing Salsa music?" but I was not ready for the "Why?" question. 

But I surprised myself and said exactly why I listen to Enrique Bunbury. 

I like Enrique Bunbury because of his voice, it's magical with healing powers. It's not soft and smooth, it's rough and scratchy, just like life can be. I like Enrique Bunbury because his musical style has not stopped evolving from his Heroes del Silence starts, to his solo career, it's always just getting better and better. I like Enrique Bunbury, because he writes songs about life, about not fitting in, about not belonging where you are, about feeling lonely, about feeling in so much pain that the best course is to drink and dream of escaping. I like Enrique Bunbury, because I can find a song to fit almost every single mood I have. 

My calming Bunbury Song: Carmen Jones 

My happy Bunbury song: Iberia Sumergida, version Flamingos

My "We need to break up" Bunbury Song : Front a Frente

My Mad Bunbury song : Destruccion Masiva

My heartbreak  Bunbury song : Aunque No Sea Contigo 

My "I don't belong anywhere" Bunbury song: El Extrangero

My "I'm Hungry" Bunbury Song: Salvavidas

My " I am crushing this race" Bunbury song: El Club De Los Imposibles

I have many other moods, and a song to match. I am lucky to have found Bunbury songs to suit the moods of my life. 







Comments

  1. QuiƩn es el autor de esta nota?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, his music sounds really emotional. I hope you had a great time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment