Best of 2018

Last week I finally went to the store and got myself a new planner, I know that we are 19 days into the new year, but I didn't feel that my year had started until I bought a planner.

That's when my brain finally started to wrap up 2018, and to finish it, I needed a list of my 2018 favorites.... Yes, I realize this is a month late, life was too busy during the holidays.

Favorite Songs

Sin Pijama by Natti Natasha and Becky G-  - This is a very naughty song, but it was one of my favorites for 2018. It made it to 5 running playlist and occasionally, I still throw it in randomly just to dance.

Medicina AND Veneno both by Anitta- This was the year I discovered Anitta and fell in love with her voice, her dance moves and her entire life attitude.

Ponle by J Balvin, Rvssian and Farruko

Favorite Books

Hunger by Roxanne Gay- A good book changes the way you think and see the world, this book did that for me this year. I highly recommend it to anybody interested in changing their view on women's bodies.





Janesville: An American Story by Amy Goldstein- I learned so much from this book, and it made me understand a lot of politics too.


The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling- It's really hard to pick 3 favorites from all the books I read last year, but also it wasn't a standout year on books for me.... I re-read Harry Potter and appreciate it more in different levels. I have read the series many many times, and I still love the books.


Trips

This year went by so fast, that I almost forgot that I went to Niagara Falls... it was amazing and I loved the experience.

We didn't visit many new places, but we did fall in love with hanging out at Lititz Pa and Chestnut Hill. Both places involved food, beer and coffee.



Places to Run 

We spend most of our summer running in Pine Grove Furnace State Park, and in Boyd Big Tree Preserve, so much time, that I miss seeing the trees.




Races Superlatives

I didn't do as many races as the year before, but I enjoyed each of them. The most memorable ones were some that brought joy, pain and lots of miles.

Most Difficult: Squirrelly Tail Half Marathon. This race was 89% mud and it made it so difficult to run, walk or move. I enjoyed it a lot, it also hurt a lot the next day.

Most enjoyable Race: The Carlisle Summer Fair 5K. I ran this with my son, and he pushed himself to run fast and I loved seeing him give it his all.

Best Views: I ran the Mushroom Cap Half marathon as a relay with my sister, it was shortly after fall had finally hit the trees in Kennett Square, and we had the most gorgeous views of the changing leaves. I really wanted to just stop and take pictures.

Proudest Race : So I didn't make any Race PRs, and I'm ok with that. However, there is one race that I made me feel proud of the progress I made. That was the Hershey Half marathon. I ran the entire race without one walking break.

And with that, I'm wrapping up 2018. Thank you 2018 for an amazing year!!



Comments

  1. Sounds like 2918 was a pretty good year :). I love the Harry Potter books but hadn’t heard of those others. I’ll have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Squirrely Tail! Are you going to do it this year? I guess it's coming up hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment