Week In Review - Winning

Happy Sunday! I hope the weekend was wonderful and restful for you! 



My week was packed with so many things, I'm not sure which way the world is spinning. The end of baseball season and the beginning of summer have created a lot of work for this Mother! 

Running 
My scheduled got a little strange this week, because of summer schedule starting, and I didn't run as much as I should have, but still got in some quality runs. 

Roger says we are training for the Harrisburg Mile, and we ran a test mile on Wednesday. It hurt... right after we did intervals, that hurt even more. 



Since we ran on Global running day, we had to take pictures. 


He also made me do this leg swings the following day... 


Monday - 3 easy miles
Wednesday - 6 miles with intervals and a mile test
Sunday - 4 miles tempo


Mothering 

My son spent a couple of days with my family to start off his summer vacation. He came to see me for lunch and then took off to spend the night at grandma's !! So lucky!

We also took a short trip to Gettysburg, because he has been asking about traveling there. We explored some of the monuments, then walked around downtown. 




I thought my son would be tired after all the walking, but when we got home, he wanted to go to the YMCA and walk laps around the track and play basketball. 


My son's baseball team made it to the league championship playoffs, and they won!! They all worked so hard this season, even with all the canceled games, and they deserved their win! I'm so proud of my son.


Currently Reading 

I am reading a fantastic book called Janesville An American Story by Amy Goldstein. But I want to take a moment to talk about another amazing book and author I read years ago. 



Back in 2014, I read  Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, and it was an amazing book that stayed with me. As you might have heard, Anthony Bourdain died last Friday; and as many others, I was very shocked and confused about his suicide. I don't know what his demons were, and I really hope that he found peace. But I want to remember Anthony Bourdain as an amazing advocate for Mexican and South American immigrant workers. Mr. Bourdain knew and understood that Mexicans and South Americans don't come here to steal jobs, and understood the impact their work had in the Restaurant industry, he also used his privileges and voice to promote his support for their work. And for that I admired him so much. 



If you have a chance, read his book it is truly one of the best books there is. 




Comments

  1. YAY!!!!! Congrats on the basketball championship win!!!

    6 miles of intervals and a mile test sounds like a HARD day! You guys are champs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      It was hard, but I guess it had to be done.

      Delete
  2. Champ!!!!

    Ugh, the Harrisburg Mile! Worst mile race every... mainly because it is at night.

    The leg swings look like they would be a good ab workout. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leg swings are an ab work out, I just don't find it very effective, because I spend more time trying to hold myself up than swinging my legs.

      I hate and love the Harrisburg mile. it's short, but the waiting around is a drag! Roger wants to beat his time.

      Delete

Post a Comment