Week In Review- The Week That Was Half Cancelled

Last week was scheduled to be INTENSE, most of my days were scheduled for something, and I was't really sure how I would accomplish all of it... read on to figure of how that mess went. 


Running 
Despite the rainy conditions all week, I was able to squeeze some good quality runs in this week. The one that felt the best was the Thursday run, after having been socializing for all the work day, I needed to recharge and spend some time with my own thoughts. 

Monday: 4 miles fartlek 
Thursday - 5 miles easy
Saturday- Kennett Run 5K
Sunday - 5 miles tempo (ish) 

This year we ran our 7th consecutive Kennett Run 5K. It rained the entire run, and only about half of the people showed up to race, but we had a great time. 

All smiles Pre-race 
The Pine Grove Dam full of water

A light run at Pine Grove


Mothering

This week I had 2 baseball games scheduled, 1 field day and 1 concert. All of which got cancelled.

Enrique Bunbury, my favorite Spanish Rock singer, was schedule to come to Silver Springs MD on May 15. A concert on a Tuesday is not my favorite, and it falling on a day I had my son made it even more challenging. But my sister agreed to pick up my son and look after him. Everything was scheduled, tickets had been purchased and arrangements made at work.

On Sunday morning, I got an email that all his next 5 concerts were cancelled. He had laryngitis, and a severe infection on his vocal chords. I was sad, but at the same time glad. I was worried about driving to Silver Spring, driving back home, and having to help out at my son's field game on 4 hours of sleep. Lucky, Field day got postponed too. And it takes me 4 full days to recuperate from a week day concert.



Baseball was cancelled because of weather and Field Day was postponed to a day in which I couldn't help out, because I would be at a work conference all day.

Work

I don't like talking a lot here about work, but this week was the one of the year that I am allowed out of the office. This was Conference week! On Wednesday night, a few selected people from the office got to have dinner with the CEO of the company. And on Thursday, I got to attend and all day Conference, which include a full breakfast, fancy lunch and a day of workshops. This is the day I get all my social interaction for the rest of the month in one day.

Look Ma, I'm eating my greens!

Currently Reading 

Last week I started Sing Unburied Sing by Jasmyn Ward. I feel that I rushed through this book, because I had 2 other long waited books arrive at the same time.


This week will be a lot slower, and hopefully with less rain.

How was your week?

Did anything get cancelled for you?

When was the last time you attended a work conference?



Comments

  1. Sorry everything got cancelled! The rain was so yucky last week. I am really looking forward to sunshine. Nothing really got cancelled for me. Our field day is Thursday so I think we are good to go. I did want to take some of my classes outside last week but we can do it this week instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind when baseball gets cancelled, and I don't think my son does either. But by now, i think we have missed so many games, we have forgotten how to play baseball.

      Do you get to help out on Field day? We have picnics this week, and so far the weather is holding up for that.

      Delete
    2. Yes I run the "Just Dance" station in the gym!

      Delete
  2. Sorry so many things got cancelled but it sounds like it ended up being the break you needed. I last went to a work conference back in February. It's often a hassle to be away from the classroom all day because preparing for a sub takes more work than just going to school...haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i needed a long break. On Saturday i just sat and watched TV and wasn't dead tired.

      how specific do the instructions need to be for a sub? and how do you know if they followed the plan?

      Delete
  3. Sorry the concert got cancelled :( But at the same time, it sounds like it made your week a bit easier too. Hopefully another opportunity to see him comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that he reschedules, I can't go too long without seeing him in Concert!! if not, then I'll have to go see him in Spain.

      Delete
  4. This is the craziest ever spring. I DNS'd my half on Sunday because it was 45 and pouring and I just wasn't up for 13.1 in the cold rain. I'm glad we don't have anyone in baseball this year because I sure wouldn't want to be sitting out there.

    I'm with you that sometimes it feels good when things get cancelled and you get to put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment