Kennett Run 2018

This was the 7th Consecutive year of doing the Kennett Run 5K for my sister M and I. We love this race, and as it was proven this year, will run it in any conditions!!

We knew it would be raining, but we were not worried. But I did have to let my sister borrow the long sleeve shirt that I was going to change into after the race.

I don't have much to say about this race, it was rainy and muddy, but I loved it. Here are a lot of pictures.


This year we had a tank top option


Carb loading 5 minutes before the race




At the rainy start line


Sister at the finish line

High fives

Second sister crossing the finish line

Roger at the finish line

Sister hiding from the rain

More hiding from the rain


Post run muddy shoes

Post run selfie

Creative ways of hiding from the rain

Free Beer




I have wanted to place on my age group at this race for at least 3 years. But on race day, many faster runners show up. My best time at this race is 25:30.

On Saturday I placed 3rd on my age group, with one of the slowest 5K times at this race at 27.11.  I was still very happy to get a medal! 

We went to the car to change out of out wet clothes, so we could go to lunch. I had let my sister borrow my extra long sleeve shirt, and i only had a see through shirt to change into, and no sports bra! I had to wear my rain coat and keep it zipped up during lunch!! 



Comments

  1. What keeps you coming back to this race? Is it the time spent with your sisters or the race course in general?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of things, it was the second ever 5K I did, We love the town, it's very well organized, and the snacks and food after are better than a full marathon. They really put on a great event.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on placing! :) Looks wet... but not as wet as Squirrely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even close to Squirrely! That was an epic mud bath!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the age group finish! It looks like you guys managed to have lots of fun in spite of the rain. The free beer is a nice perk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We did have an amazing time!! most years we also have pizza and tons of donuts, but I was too cold to eat any food.

      Delete

Post a Comment