5 Things About Being a Mom...

Happy Friday! I hope you are having a fantastic end of the week!! 

It's Mother's Day Weekend, and today I want to bring 5 facts about being a Mother, that were not really told to me about motherhood and children. 

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .




1. Candy is a great bribe- A long time ago, I took my son to Washington DC. It was our first time there, and it was just me and him. He was around 4, and I had recently separated from his Dad. So whenever he was about to throw a tantrum, I would offer him a marshmallow. I also offered him a marshmallow per block that we walked back to the hotel... it was a mile walk. Another time, I offered him a Hershey bar to keep him from freaking out about buying a toy. 


2. They are so Full of Energy- Yes, that is probably all the marshmallows the he was eating... but seriously, my kid is only tired when he has to do homework or get up for school. But from the hours of 7:30-9:30, they just go non stop ALL. DAY. LONG! 

3. Yes, we are aware of that obnoxious thing they do- No, I don't find it particularly cute when my son tells long stories to random strangers... especially because I have probably heard that story 100 times before. Or when he randomly farts near me.... not cute, but ... 

4. We have to put up with them ALL THE TIME! I agree that teachers have it difficult having to put up with our children for about 7 hours / day. But our kids get to come home and spend the rest of the day with us. I don't have to say that I love my kid with everything, ... but still, those days when he gets extra goofy, extra cranky, when he doesn't think the rules apply to him.. I still have to hear him out and calm him down. 

5. You learn the pure meaning of love - Ok, maybe that is told to many of us before we have children and while pregnant, but after complaining about my kid for the 4 points above, I need to say that I love that kid more than anybody in the world, and that no love will ever be more sincere than the love I have for my son. 



I love this kid and the silly selfies he leaves on my phone!!! 

Happy Mothers days !! 

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, Ana! From reading your blog and the chats we have had in person, I know you are an extremely loving, devoted, and caring mother. Your little Nugget it so lucky to have you as his Mama! I respect parents immensely and respect that I have no idea how hard it actually is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a fun weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I hope you have a great mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment