Week In Review- The Phone Diet

Happy Monday!! The new week brings a new set of plans and new chances to redo things from the week before.



Workouts
Monday - 4 tempo
Thursday - Zumba
Friday - 3 tempo miles
Saturday - 5 miles of trail
Sunday - 9 miles long run

I got lazy and didn't do any weights, but I got my long run in, finally!!

On Monday, I had to go pick up my car from getting inspected, and that delayed my long run. I was supposed to run 7 miles, but by the time got started, my body was done for the day. I tried a new route, and that kept the run interesting. I had to go to the grocery store after, so the run ended at 4 miles.

On Tuesday, my phone died. It just went blank and it never recovered. I had no other phone, and was on a phone diet until Friday. I had to dig out my real camera to take pictures, my MP3 player for music, and an old phone for an alarm clock. I was very whinny about the whole thing, it was annoying. However, I was able to finish my book and start another one.

On Thursday, my son had a baseball game and my plan was to run 3 miles before the game, and 3 miles after. Unfortunately, the Traffic Gods had other plans for me. There is 3 bridges to get out of Harrisburg and into the West Shore, where I live, and an accident on one of those slows down traffic getting out of the city. It took me 1.15 minutes to get home!! when it normally takes me 35 minutes at most. I  went to Zumba instead.

I was up bright and early on Friday and had a fantastic run before going to work. My legs felt great, my lungs felt great, and if I didn't have to work, I would have run 3 more miles.

After work, off to the apple store to have them look at my phone. They explained that my phone was fried, something happened that killed the entire motherboard and it was done for. I was already mad, because he didn't do anything more than what I had tried at home, and because I was being forced to buy a new phone. I bough my brothers old phone so now my phone is huge!!
 
On Saturday we tried a different running place. We went to Boyd Big Tree Preserve in Harrisburg. We had gotten lost there a few years ago, and we avoided it since. But This time we were prepare and had a map. We ran longer than planned, but we had such amazing views and a huge climb!!
 
 
 
LOOK at that elevation gain!!



Currently Reading

The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley and Malcolm X. I started this a while ago, and I keep getting other books. But I decided I need to fully commit and finish this before the summer.




How was your week?

Have you gotten lost while hiking?


 

Comments

  1. Wow, that elevation gain is crazy! It looks like you had some beautiful views :) I've definitely gotten lost while hiking before. Once, it turned our planned 5 miles hike into a 9 mile trek, and that was no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like your runs and your elevations!! It's really scary to get lost in a hike! and 9 miles instead of 5 is terrifying!!

      Delete
  2. How did you survive without a phone for that long, I would be deceased! lol At least you were able to buy your brother's old phone because phones cost the same as computers now, it's so crazy! I remember when I thought $300 for a phone was a lot of money and now that would be cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I survived with my laptop and and old phone. I missed texting the most, it just wasn't the same without my phone.

      I know!! the guy at apple said it would be $300 to replace my phone!! I had the phone for less than two years and it was really maddening that it was dead.

      Delete
  3. I would have whined about the phone too. I'm glad you didn't have to buy a brand new one. I haven't been to Boyd's forever! My SIL and I once had to turn on Google Maps to figure out how to get back to the Ned Smith Center in Millersburg. We were hiking the trails there and weren't sure which was was forward and which way was bacK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm lucky that my brother had an extra one!!

      oh no!! that is scary!! I'm so glad that we have technology to find us, or who knows how long you would have been lost!!

      Delete
    2. Oh no we would have been fine because we knew how to get up to the rail trail and get back to town. It just would have been a longer walk. But it was kind of silly that we didn't know which way our car was!

      Delete

Post a Comment