Friday Five - Before Traveling

Good Morning, and Happy Friday!! It has been a busy week at work and life, but tomorrow is Saturday and a race day!!
 
I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .


 
I love traveling and going away for the weekend, but before I leave my house, I need to prepare a few things at home. I used to not think about what things needed to be done to prepare for a return from vacation, I would be so excited to be traveling that my brain would only focus on packing for the trip. But returning from vacation is tiring, and stressful, so I make a list of things that I need to get done at my house, before going on vacation.
 
1. Take out the trash- I do this right as I am heading out the door. Trust me, this is the most important thing to do before going away for a few days.
 
2. Do The Laundry- I like preparing my work clothes for the week on Sunday, so when I'm traveling, I wash and prep everything the night before we leave for the trip. Also, when we get back from vacation we have dirty laundry and it is such a pain to add more laundry to the hampers.
 
3. Make the Bed- It feels so good to come home to a made bed. I always make my bed in the morning, but I try to wash everything before we leave.
 
4. Buy the groceries for the following week- This could be buying a few things extra on your weekly trip, even if just to hold you over for two extra days after returning from vacation. I buy extra oatmeal, yogurt, and my son's waffles, to at least be ready for breakfast.
 
5. Fill up your gas tank- I can say this one, because most of the time take Roger's car. But even when I take mine, I stop close to home and fill it up.
 
 
 
Do you have any other tips for me on things to do at home before going away?
 
 

Comments

  1. Have fun at your race! Where are you going? You are like me in that I like to have my house in order so when I come back from vacation, I don't have tons of work to do. We take out the trash, do laundry and dishes, and clean. We don't do groceries though because we don't want anything to go bad. I suppose we could get the pantry items like you do though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time I'm going to my parents for the day, we have a 5K tomorrow morning.

      I do need to remember the dishes! most of the time we like to keep the sink clear of plates, but that is one thing that I will not go out of my way to take care of.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a wet mess, but a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. O gosh you are so prepared. I do NONE of that and then of course when I return we usually have nothing to eat and I have to remember to get gas the next morning before going to work (yea, I'm usually running late)! I need to take some tips from you. Have fun at the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is so smart. Adam and I never do that and always regret it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment