Week In Review- Almost Done With School

Happy Sunday!! I am very happy tomorrow is a holiday, and that we had a busy busy week. 

Running 
At this moment, I am not really training for any race, I want to keep my mileage at about 20 miles per week. I struggle with my running when the weather warms up, and in past years May and June are very low mileage months. This May has been high in miles and I hope to keep that going for June. 

Tuesday: 4 miles with intervals
Wednesday: 6 miles easy
Friday- 3 Tempo miles 
Sunday: 7 miles trail run 






Mothering
As we are getting closer to the end of the year, the school is having their last activities for the year. On Thursday, I volunteered to help out for the 3rd Grade Picnic. I helped out in the Basketball activity with another Mom, we had 5 groups of kids come by and do our activity, but by 1pm, I was ready to take a nap. But my day was nowhere near over. My son had a late baseball game, and work needed a report done that night. I was completely wiped out by 10. 




This year, my son was to be with his Dad for the holiday. I really wanted to just crawl in bed and stay there for the weekend, but I gathered all my strength and carried on. 

Hiking

We hiked a new park in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. We visited Wissahickon Valley Park and hiked the easy trail and a bit of a mountain. It was a beautiful park! 







After the hike, we visited Chestnut Hill and had lunch and beer there. By the way, I should not drink beer right after a long hike. I had 3 sips of my beer, and was making friends with the woman cleaning the bathroom, I told her that she was amazing and that she deserved the day off. I also had a long conversation with a girl who was requesting donations to Save The Birds, and we talked about how terrible Scott Pruitt is for the planet. 




Currently Reading 

A couple weeks ago, I noticed that 3 books with a long waiting list were coming my way, all at the same time. I got The Great Alone, Pachiko, and The Woman In The Window last week. I started The Great Alone, but couldn't get into it. I returned it and kept The Woman In The Window by A.J. Finn. I was glad to make that decision. If Pachinko is still available, I will finish that this week. 



Are you going to any Labor Day parades? 

How about a Labor Day Race? 


Comments

  1. What trail did you run on? You guys are always go go go. Where do you get your energy!? I just googled what The Woman in the Window was about and now I am intrigued! I can't wait to start reading again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ran in the AT starting at Boiling Springs, it has become one we really like, and the food at the Cafe 101 is amazing! We have figured out that we like to run where food is easily accessible after running.

      I don't know where we get our energy, but I know that we both dislike staying inside all day, it's emotionally draining for us.

      The twist at the end was crazy! I almost didn't see it coming!

      Delete

Post a Comment