Week In Review - Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Monday! how are you today? I am coming to you with this post late today, it has been a busy week!



Running

This week, I ran 5 days. But in my mind, only 3 of those runs really counted for something. Tuesday's run was a mix of easy and hills. I made the mistake of eating a yogurt a few minutes before running, and my stomach did not like that. While out on my run, I saw my friend Jodi, who I haven't seen in a while.

Then on Wednesday we did .15 intervals, with 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down. My legs felt great at the beginning, but by the end I started to feel that twitch on my right quad.

Post run stretch... I'm not showing off, I fell off this post seconds after the picture was taken
 
Roger wondering why I'm taking selfies instead of stretching


Friday I had to cut my long run short, I was really dragging in the heat, and not really meeting my pace goals. I considered it a win that the run was finished, since I wanted to quit at mile 3, 5 and 6.


Weights/ Other

I didn't do any weights this week. My schedule was just packed the entire week, and I didn't make weights a priority.

On Wednesday I went to a new dance workout class. It is organized by Denise, from the former Art In Motion. It's 1 hour of dancing to Hip Hop, Latin music, and some of Denise's Christian music. I really can't never tell that her music is talking about religion, because she picks very upbeat songs. I enjoyed the class, it was a lot of fun to be hanging out and dancing with old friends.


Mothering

On Friday it was my son's school's May Fair. We volunteered doing the glitter tattoos for the 4th year in a row!!

 
 

We then walked around the festival. I wanted to get food, but the line was really long! This was the same day that I had run 8 miles, and my body was screaming for food and water.

On Saturday, we traveled to Niagara Falls NY. We had a great time with my family there, and I will share more details of that trip later.

 
I got to carry this cute love nugget for the Maid of the Mist boat ride. She slept through the whole thing.

 


Unfortunately, we couldn't visit the Canada side. It's a funny story... my passport didn't arrive on time... but I'll give you more details on a future post.

I celebrated Mother's day with a  short run around Niagara Falls.


Then we continued the celebration at Rainforest Café, my son's choice.


Currently Reading/Listening

A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell. I picked up this book as my "car" audiobook, but it was so crazy and twisted that I am now carrying a CD player to listen to it.



I hope you had an awesome week!!

Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?


Comments

  1. Rainforest Cafe is my favorite! Your son has good taste...HAha. that was a great way to spend mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have good taste!! he loved it!

      Delete
  2. That dance workout sounds like a lot of fun! The glitter tattoos sound cool too. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter tattoos are interesting... first we put that red sticker on the skin, then we apply a glue, and top it with a layer of glitter of the color of the person's choice. We then brush the excess glitter, and lastly peel off the sticker and it leaves the shape of the sticker. It's really cool!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear more about Niagara Falls! Your little boy is REALLY cute. Such a big, radiant smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! he does have a gorgeous smile, my boy!!

      Delete

Post a Comment