Week in Review - Snow, Broken Laptops and Music

Happy Monday!

How are you today? How was your weekend? Last week was crazy busy, but it still flew by.



Workouts
Wednesday: 4 miles, core and stretching
Friday- 6 miles
Sunday - 9 miles

Last week was a mix of different things happening... on Monday we were off from work for Martin Luther King Day. I don't remember what we did, but I remember we slept in.

On Tuesday my son had an early dismissal. After he went to his Dad's, I wanted to go for a quick run at the gym, but the roads were getting very slick, so I went home and finished my work.



Wednesday was Treadmill day, and it felt so good to run after all the stress at work!

On Friday I went for a run outside! I know it had only been 1 week, but it felt like forever ago that I was running outside!



Later Friday night, I was installing an update on my laptop, when something went wrong and now my laptop is only giving me a blinking folder... I have to get it fixed, I just haven't had time.



Saturday was the day for Les Miserables! Roger, my son and I met my sisters at Merriam Theater to see the performance of my favorite musical, Les Miserables! It was amazing. My only complaint was that the actor who played Javert did the singing like an opera, but he did have an amazing tenor voice!




Sunday was long run outside again, and it was fantastic!

Currently Entertaining me

Last month I found a Brazilian Singer named Anitta, whose voice I found hypnotizing. Upon some light research, many of her songs were added to my current playlist. This is my current Favorite, with J. Balvin. I find people singing on Portuguese very soothing.


 
I am almost done with Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I wanted to read the book before watching the series, but after the book, I'm not sure that watching the series interests me anymore.
 
 
 
I also picked up a few others from the library, A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman and We Are Going To Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union.
 
 
 
 how was your week?

Tell me about a song you currently love?

How is the snow treating you?

Comments

  1. That sucks about the computer, hope it's an easy fix! We just got a bit of snow, so not too bad here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother said that I have to re-install the entire operating system, which should not be too difficult, but I will lose everything I had in it.

      Do you still have snow? it feels everything has melted here already!

      Delete
  2. LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW! It looks so pretty! Are you at the point now where you are frustrated by it or still loving it?

    That stinks about your laptop. I installed updates to my laptop last week and now it won't connect with my monitor anymore which is so frustrating. I started using my work laptop at home, and my personal laptop at work just because I need a laptop that connects to my monitor at home lol! This isn't a permanent fix but it's working for now. I hope the fix for your laptop is something easy and inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind snow, as long as I don't have to touch it, or walk on it, or drive on it. I'm completely ok with sitting inside and just looking at it all day long. I feel the same about sand. I think everything looks beautiful covered in snow, and the snow makes everything quieter. I love waking up to lots of snow, because everything just sounds like if it had a buffer. Does that make sense?

      I did exactly what the laptop asked me to do!! My brother said I just have to reinstall the iOS again... I just need to find time to sit down and do it.

      Do you know what is wrong with your monitor? If I remember correctly, you have an apple laptop too, right? It seems this month Apple things have not been wanting to work together, I couldn't get my phone to connect with my apple TV this past weekend.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you have Amazon Prime, but A Man Called Ove is available to view. It is SO GOOD. I also read Beartown by the same author and it was incredible. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it!! It was a great book! I immediately ordered Beartown from the library!

      Delete
  4. What about the book makes you not want to watch the series? You look like you're not messing around on that Friday run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, the book romanticized and glamorized suicide. Maybe the way that it was written, maybe the way Hannah expressed the reasons to her suicide.... it just rubbed me the wrong way. But I am also just fresh off another suicide book, that was written in a very different format and it was a real story.

      Delete
  5. My friend highly recommended A Man Called Ove. It's in my stack of books to read. Ugg, I need to not be so tired in the evening so I can enjoy more books. One day.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! have you ever tried audiobooks ? I got this one on Audiobook and listened to it while running.

      Delete

Post a Comment