Running In Numbers 2017

It was a great year of running, and races! I am so lucky to have my health and stable finances to help me support my crazy racing addition. 

I loved most of my races... I'm ready to admit that there was 1 race that I shouldn't have done, but it is what it is now and that's in the past.





Here are some of my running numbers: 



To date I haver ran 880 miles

That was 177 runs in 159 hours, 40 minutes and 59 seconds. ( I don't stop by watch at stop lights)

I ran 23 races, which were :

1- 1 mile 
1- 2 miler
6- 5Ks
1- 5 miler
1- 7K
5  10Ks 
1- Marathon Relay (7 miles)
7 half marathons

Half marathons and 5Ks are always my favorites distances. 

I tried out 5 different distances : 2 miles, 5 miles, 5K and the marathon relay leg (7 miles). 

I brought home 14 medals (  3 of which I feel I didn't deserve, those would be the Girls on The Run 5K, the Big Run 5K and the Great Race 10K) 




I ran my fasted 10K at 51.50

I Ran 4 different cities - Wilmington DE, Lancaster PA, Pittsburgh PA and Baltimore PA

I ran in one new state - Maryland  

21 new shirts were added to my pile of clothes 

I added 3 new running hats- Wilmington, Bird In Hand and HARRC 

There were also more group runs than I can count, including The Milkshake run, a trail run, a jingle bell run, a turkey chase run, and so many beer runs.





I was also very fortunate to meet tree fellow bloggers in real life : Chaitali, Meranda, Lacey and Heather... also had a few drinks with the always fabulous and smart Megan. 




And lastly... This ONE hat has survived a lot of running! 



Comments

  1. What a fun year of running for you. Where did you meet Chaitali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had dinner before RnR DC in March :)

      Delete
    2. What Chaitali said... and looking back, I should not have had the veggie tacos, that gave me cramps the next day, but they were soooo good!!

      Delete
  2. What was the one race you shoudln't have run? And why don't you think you deserve those three medals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I shouldn't haver run was the Big Run on National running day, it just didn't feel like a race, and I did it because I got greedy and wanted the medal. I did terribly, and didn't really put any effort into it.

      I didn't think I deserve the medal for that race, because of what I said above, and for the other two because I didn't do my best, one I walked and only did because my son wanted to do it, and the other, I gave up and didn't try harder. I was disappointed on myself.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great year with a lot of races! Here's to a great 2018 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year!!! I'm glad we connected via our blogs and live so close together. Have you been running in this freezing cold weather? Yesterday I actually got on the treadmill for the first time in a REALLY LONG TIME. It looks so cold out there right now... but I will prob run outside today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran outside on Wednesday, but totally chickened out on Thursday! on Wednesday I had 3 top layers ad a windbreaker and I had leggings and sweatpants. It sounds like too much, but it kept me perfectly warm. But my face was numb for a while after the run.

      I am so glad we connected too! you are such an awesome woman! Did you run outside?

      Delete
    2. I did end up going out and it wasn't bad at all. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment