Favorite Songs 2017

I love music, not all types of music and not all the time, but every year I love finding new songs to dance, sing and cry to. Here are some of my absolute favorite songs of this year, many that I played over and over until Roger asked me to stop dancing so loudly in the kitchen.... true story!

Daddy Yankee Vaiven
This song was my calming song on the holiday season of 2016, it held me together and I loved blasting it on the way home after Zumba or a run. I'm mentioning is as a favorite for 2017, because it was in all my running playlist for 2017.


Mariango And Enrique Bunbury - Dinero

I love when Enrique Bunbury does collaborations with other artist that are very different than his own style, this song is the best example of a fantastic collaboration. I also love the singer's voice. I danced and sang this song in the kitchen alone many times! This video is NSFW.



Ricky Martin and Maluma- Vente Pa' Ca

Ricky Martin only gets better with age, or he is absolute perfection, and Maluma... well, I'm not allowed to comment on the level of hotness of Maluma, he is the age of my brothers... but if I could.... man!! My sister and I like to imagine that we are married to Ricky Martin, and that he is singing to us. We don't live in a real world when it comes to Ricky Martin.




Calo- No Puedo Mas

This song takes me way back! So Calo has been around for a long long time, I want to say since 1985. When I was 13, I taught myself the choreography to a lot of their most popular songs and for a lot of my races there is one of their songs in my playlist. This past year, Calo and a lot of other popular pop singers from the 1990s  got together and did a huge tour in Mexico. This is song is from one of their concerts. I LOVE THIS SONG!! and I am still in complete awe of how amazing Maria and Maya dance! I will forever practice their choreography and hope to dance like they do!



J Balvin - Mi Gente  and J Balvin and Beyonce - Mi Gente Remix

I will not be allowed to play this song in any more car drives for the rest of 2018, Roger is tired of it, and my son and I cannot get enough of it.

I did this song in a Zumba class and was severely disappointed at the sad choreography for this amazing song, so I tried to come up with my own, but failed because I suck. But still danced all over my apartment.

And what is the one person who can make an awesome song an even more perfect song? Yup, you guessed right, Beyonce. I play them now back to back, because it's the law of the universe.





Land Of Lola by Billy Porter from Kinky Boots

I fond this song on FB while stalking around and I love it!! I know this song is not written for me, but it give me life!! I recently had to explain to my son that this song was sung by a man who dresses like a woman. He had so many questions! But we used that chance to teach him that people can do whatever makes them happy.

This video is the Todrick Hall Lip Syncing, Todrick Hall is a very talented singer,  and I prefer the Billy Porter version, but love this video. Some people read inspirational book to motivate themselves, I watch this video to lift me up when I don't think I can get through a day. 





Apnea by Ricardo Arjona

Every now and then I listen to myself to slower calmer music to remind myself to stop and breath. This is that song for this year. I love Ricardo Arjona and seeing him in concert reminded me of how much I have been ignoring him. This song makes me cry. 





Honorable mentions

Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. NEVER THE ONE WITH THE BIEBER
Ay Mi Dios by Chino, Pitbull and Yandel
Sheila Ki Jawani by Sunidhi Chauhan
Hijo De Cain by Enrique Bunbury
Corazon by Maluma


I could talk about all the songs I loved for a lot longer, but I have a real job to be awake for tomorrow.



Comments

  1. Great list of songs :) I love Billy Porter, he was so amazing as Lola! I would have loved to have seen him live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked up videos of Billy Porter as Lola, and watched him get ready to go on stage. He is super talented.

      Delete

Post a Comment