Friday Five - Goals Review

Happy Friday! How are you today? It has been a busy busy week here, and I am so happy it's Friday!

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .



Today I am going to review 5 things I didn't accomplish this year. I set some ambitious goals for 2017, and not everything got accomplished, but I'm ok with all of it.



1. I didn't run another Marathon- I ran as many, or more miles than last year, but never really trained for a Marathon, I couldn't find one that fit the dates and time of year that I wanted, or the budget I had. I'm ran so many other races, that I don't feel that I missed out on the race experience.

2. I didn't become a certified Zumba Instructor- To start off with, I quit zumba for a few months, because I couldn't adjust to any of the new instructors I've been trying out.

When I did look up certification classes, they were happening on days I had my son or on days I had a half marathon scheduled (There was a class 25 minutes away from me, the morning of the Hershey Half marathon, and that day I had both a race AND my son with me) Maybe I'll save this goal for next year.

3. I Haven't Beat My 5K Time- I haven't really been focused on speed training this year. Anytime I do speed training, I get a funny pain on my quad that takes at least 1 week to go away. I can pull at 5K on 25.15 without speed training, so I know I can beat 24.05 with a little bit of work. I am thinking of doing a 5K on 12.31, so there is a very small possibility that I could beat my time. VERY SMALL.

4. I haven't run 900 miles ... yet- Aaahh!!! I am close... I checked at the beginning of December, but I haven't checked since. I would roughly need 60 miles in the next 2 weeks, which are doable... I'm just feeling lazy.

5. I didn't go to a baseball game or a Hockey game- In all honesty, any sporting event makes me very sleepy, and I can't pay attention to what is going on... if I understand what is going on. I am not even sure why this goal was in my mind.


Aside from those unaccomplished goals, I had an amazing year of time with family, running, races, concerts, shows, eating. In the next couple of weeks I will be looking at my favorites from 2017.


How did you do with your  goals?

Does your company/job have holiday parties?

Do you like going to sporting events (that are not running ) ?



Comments

  1. Having an amazing year with family and fun is definitely more important! It's funny, I've definitely set goals that seemed important for some reason at the beginning of the year but that I end up just not caring about by the time the year ends. I don't think it makes sense to force something if it isn't important to you any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I don't know what it is about setting goals at the beginning of the year!

      Delete
  2. I was just wondering why a baseball or hockey game was your goal?? hehe. I bet John would like to go to a Senators game! I think I did make some 2017 goals and I don't think I accomplished any of them. I'll have to go back and look at my posts from Jan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a Senator's game or a Phillies game... or Hershey Bears. We talk about going to a hockey game, and I only want to go because of the junk food.... they have the boneless buffalo wings!! yums!

      Delete
  3. I could still beat my time, but I think I'm scare to set myself up and not accomplish it.. I need to let go of that fear.

    You got this Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do sporting events (or rarely), don't work and my husband's company almost never does holiday parties anymore.

    I don't think we can ever accomplish ALL our goals -- having an amazing year is definitely more important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can skip all the holiday parties... they are more fun when there is a bar.

      Delete
  5. I like to keep my goals flexible and I figure if I don't accomplish them one year, there's always the next year. I keep saying I want to PR in the 5k but it just hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept it simple with goals this year - limited it to one! "Run 17 races" and I'm one racr away. Next year I'll add a few more I think but I liked having one main thing to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks to me that you accomplished so much more than your unaccomplished goals!!! I had to throw away a lot of goals this year too, but man, what a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you accomplished the important things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun with your upcoming 5K! Nagging pains are the worst...hope it doesn’t bother you for the race! Despite everything in the list above, it still sounds like you had a great year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy sporting events, especially college football. I actually made it to three football games this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. See this is why I don't make goals for the year....hehe!
    Good luck with your 5k goal! That would be nice to squeak that in on NYE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment