Weekly Wrap

Happy Monday! Today my family and I are observing Indigenous People day, meaning my son has off from school for that other holiday, and we are at the Corm Maze... likely soaked to the bone! 



Workouts
Monday: 30 min weights
Thursday: 4 mile run with Fleet Feet
Sunday: 9 miles easy, + Hill repeats 

On Monday Roger had me do a lot of squats and arms workouts. My quads were sore the next day!

We have been watching the last season of Orange Is The New Black, and we have been staying up very late watching. This season has had me on the edge of the couch!! So, I overslept for work on Tuesday. I normally get up at 6:00 am, but on Tuesday when I looked at my watch, it was 6:45! VERY VERY BAD!

I'm going to tell you a secret! but don't tell my son I told you! He is considering dressing up Bruce Springsteen for trick or treat! He has been playing Dancing In The Dark and practicing dancing the Bruce step! I almost cried when he told me! but I can't get too excited, it's still under consideration stages only.

On Thursday after work, I went to the Fleet Feet group run. It has been a long while since I joined for the run, but everything finally lined up. It was raining, but it was warm, which made the run very enjoyable. To make it all even better, I won a race entry to the Local Turkey Trot ! Now I just have to convince my son to run it with me! 



On Friday after work, I met up my sister for the Ricardo Arjona concert. We were both really exited, and when we are nervous and excited we talk a lot, but we were not making any sense. We kept laughing and making very strange conversations. When he finally came out to sing, it was all amazing! We sang until we couldn't feel our throat, and danced all through the show. 




After the show we both headed to our own home. I stopped for coffee at the slowest McDonalds, their cash register was broken, and they were taking an eternity to make any food. I was in line for 35 minute for a coffee. But I needed it to keep driving. When I got home, I stretched my back and my legs, and went to bed hearing Arjona in my head all night long. 

Sunday was the last long run before Hershey Half. I also did hill repeats of the awful hill at mile 12 of the half. I am not expecting to break my best time, I have not done a lot of speed training this cycle. 

This Hawk flew right next to me on my run


Currently Reading 
In The Country We Love by Diane Guerrero. I really love her character on Orange Is The New Black, and I was very intrigued about the story of her parents being deported when she was young. 


Have you overslept for work?

Are you dressing up for Halloween? 

What is the longest you have waited at a drive thru ? 






Comments

  1. I love that your son is thinking of dressing up as Bruce Springsteen, so cute! I don't have the day off today but Mike does and annoyed me all weekend by talking about his plans for a lazy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a good and productive day at work! Thank you for working! My office is normally open on the holiday, but this year we were off!! I take it off because my son is off from school.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like your son takes Halloween costumes VERY seriously! :) Like, there are STAGES to the decision. :) Bruce Springsteen is a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he takes it VERY Very seriously! He wants to have all the details correct! He is asking his Tia for help, because she is the seamstress in the family.

      Delete

Post a Comment