Friday Five 10.6.17

Happy Friday! Today is a special Friday, and I'm dedicating my Friday Five post to it.

 I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.




Growing up, I used to listen to a Guatemalan singer, Ricardo Arjona. My younger sister loves his music too. She is a bigger fan than I am, and knows most of his songs. We have wanted to go to one of his concerts in 2006.


Today, we are going to finally see Ricardo Arjona in concert. We have been wanting to see him in concert for 12 years, and I am so happy to be sharing this moment with my sister. I know this is not going to be a popular post, because I'm talking about somebody that meant nothing to any of my readers. But writing this post is making my heart happy. 

Here are my Top 5 Favorite Ricardo Arjona Songs



1. No Te Enamoraste De Mi- I heard this song with a friend from college, and after hearing this song, we agreed that relationships are more about loving the person you are, when you are with somebody you love. For the conversations, the laugher, the adventures and how they make you feel.



Favorite Line: Quien ganara la batalla de ese amor desperdiciado, tu creyendo que me quieres, yo queriente creer. ( Who will win this battle of wasted love, you believing that you love me, and I wanting to believe it )



2. El Problema- In 2004 a boyfriend broke up with me. I cried for 1 day, and played this song on repeat for a month. Was he worth the tears? No. But I fell in love with the song. 

Favorite Line: El problema no es que mientas, el problema es que te creo. ( The problem is not that you lie to me, but that I believe you) 



3. Mojado- In Latin America, immigrating to the United States is very common, and there is many songs written about immigrating, and illegal immigration. In this songs Arjona speaks of the pain and suffering of the illegal immigrants, and the struggle they have everyday. This song makes me cry. 

Best Line : Empaco sus ganas de quedarse, su condición de transformarse en el hombre que sono y no ha logrado ( He packed his desire to stay, his desire to transform himself in the man that he dreamed of becoming, but couldn't accomplish




4. Minutos- This is a recent favorite, it was added to my running playlist in September of this year. I think my favorite is just the rhythm of the song and the speed in which he sings the song. 

Favorite line: Minutos pasajeros de un tren que no va a ningún lugar ( Minutes passengers of a train that is going nowhere)



5. Cuando- I confuse this song with the first one, and in my head they are one song together. 

Favorite line: El Caso no es entenderse, pero aceptarse ( The point it not to understand each other, but to accept each other



How is your Friday going?

Do you go to concerts with your sister ?

Is there any show, singer, person you have wanted to see live for a long time?





Comments

  1. Concerts are always so much fun to go to. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you get to go see Ricardo! I tried to listen to one of the songs but my work computer blocked it. I will listen when I get home! :) Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Remind me to tell you about this one song he changed, I think you will appreciate the story!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE concerts! I have seen Bon Jovi three times (Jon is SOOOO adorable), and Def Leppard is a close second (seen them twice). My sister and I have very different taste in music...so, that has not happened many times LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OmG! I would love to see Bon Jovi in concert! Have you ever heard his one song in Spanish? It's amazing!

      Delete
  4. I love going to concerts! It's such a treat to see a performer that you love live in concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! A treat! and this concert was a wonderful treat!

      Delete

Post a Comment