Weekly Wrap 10.15.17

Happy Monday! what a week it was! Looking back, it feels like the last week lasted 2 whole weeks.
 

 
 
Workouts
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 3 easy miles
Sunday : Hershey Half Marathon
 
On Monday we woke up to heavy rain, and our annual trip to the corn maze cancelled, Cherry Crest Corn Maze was closed that day, due to all the rain we were getting. We were all disappointed, but we couldn't break into the Corn Maze. We took the kids to the mall to run out the energy, they loved running around!
 
 
 
On Tuesday I joined the Harrisburg Beer Runners for a 5 mile run. It was a slow one, I ran with a person who had never done the run before, and I felt bad leaving her behind.
 
 
 
Wednesday our office had it's semi-annual job fair. Those days are always busy ones at the office, I help out with the breakfast monitoring, and it is exhausting to be so nice for 3 hours straight! That, plus all the people being loud, it makes for a very tiring day. So, I didn't want to run after work, I wanted to go home and sleep. But I did 3 super easy miles.
 
On Friday I signed up to help out on the school store. I volunteer with the PTO, for my son. But man, the women of the PTO are such jerks! I have helped out so many times, and they still treat me like shit. I have introduced myself and tried to be friendly, but they always exclude me from conversation, ignore me and don't even bother with greeting me.
 
And their conversations always end with "Oh, I could NEVER go to work and let somebody else take care of my precious child!"... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Like I could afford to quit my job and stay home to become a jerk member of the PTO and abuse other parents for their choices! But, I'm scheduled for 3 more shifts... ugh!
 
On Saturday we headed up to the center of Adams county for the annual Apple Harvest Festival and visit. And for the first time in 3 years, it wasn't raining! We didn't even know how to behave!
 
 
 
 
After the Festival, we made our way to Hershey to pick up my bib for the Hershey Half, and for my son's kids run. That was not fun for a few reasons. With trying to stay hydrated, I was drinking a lot of water, by the time we got to Hershey I had to pee so terribly awful, that it hurt!
 
Once I had the bibs or me and my son, I headed back to the car to get my son ready for his kids race. But he had fallen asleep! He was very cranky when I woke him up, and it was a struggle getting him to the start line, but once he started running, he was amazing.
 
 
I need to remember not to schedule more than 2 things in one day for my son, and Roger. They are not like me, and can't go without stop from one thing to another. They both were cranky and tired after Apple Fest, and were not agreeable to anything. I had to buy them both cookies to get them in a better mood.
 
 
After I got home,  and we had dinner, I had a terrible headache... almost like a migraine, my head hurt, I was nauseous and light hurt. I haven't had one of those headaches in YEARS!!
 
Sunday was Hershey Half. Roger didn't do it because he was injured and couldn't train. It was so weird to be there without him! But it was a good race, not my best time, but I finished it and I'm not sore today! that's something!
 
 
Currently Reading
I've been taking turns with reading Diane Guerreros' book and this one. Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance. So far it has been pretty interesting, I need to hurry up and finish it, because a co-worker let me borrow it, and I hate keeping a borrowed book for longer than 1 month.
 
 
 
 
 Does anything make you feel better when you are tired?

Who schedules family events at your house?

Can you handle more than 1 activity in a day?

Are All PTO parents jerks?

How long do you keep a borrowed book?


Comments

  1. We went to Knoebels instead of Apple Harvest. :) I thought of you on Sunday because I knew you were running Hershey! I hope you had some good "me time" without Roger. Those PTO women sound very rude and judgey. :( Don't let them get to you. Next time, pretend I'm there and we're making fun of them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw!! It looks like you had so much fun!! We are not going to make it to Knoebels this year :~(

      Thanks for thinking of me! I could feel the good vibes!

      Those PTO Moms drive me crazy!! They want parents to volunteer, yet, they always find a way to mention to working parents that "They could Never go to work!" and in the back of my head I'm having all the meanest thoughts towards them! like really really mean!! I'm canceling one of my shifts, they are not appreciative of my time.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, boo to the PTO parents being jerks. That really sucks :( And boo to the headache. I'm impressed you were able to run the next day. I'm glad it was a good race and you're not sore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those PTO moms (I assume?) sound horrible. I felt like a bit of an outsider at some PTO events because people knew each other well, but they were pretty welcoming. Glad your son rallied for his run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment