Friday Five 10.27.17

Happy Friday! How is your Friday going?

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .



This week was busy, but it's done and weekend adventures are almost here. Today I'm sharing 5 random things I forgot this week 

1. Audits, Audits, Audits!! Two weeks ago, I realized the list of monthly audits had not arrived, and worried about missing the email with the request, then I forgot to ask about them...  Monday morning, an urgent email came, asking to turn in 22 file audits by the next day at noon. I turned in 16, and 6 were 25 minutes late. I rewarded myself with a macchiato after work. 




2. Forgotten only Twice ... so Far- On Tuesday, Roger agreed to drive my son to school in the morning, allowing my boy to sleep in one extra hour. I reminded them both about my son's glasses, telling my son it was 100% his responsibility to take them. At 9:10 am, I got the message from Roger.  My son forgot to take his glasses! Yes, the same Tuesday morning that my audits were due. I grabbed my keys and headed home for the glasses. I rewarded myself for that one with a large coffee. 

3. I Forgot Halloween is next week- Yup! it's like October ate one week and I just now noticed. My costume is not ready, which has me questioning what to wear. I have two days to find a white sparkly shirt, or I'll be going as something else completely. 

4. My Body Forgot it's still in training - I have a half marathon in a week and a half, and my body seems to have forgotten that we are still training for long distances. On Thursday, I woke up sore and achy, my body better get over it and keep rolling. 

5. I forgot everything I learned in Geography! I found this super cool quiz on Buzzfeed! Can you name 100 countries in 7 minutes? I could only name 39 in 7 minutes. 

Don't be like me, and don't forget to check out the Marathon relay recaps from our adventures in Baltimore!



What did you forget this week? 

How many countries can you name in 7 minutes? 


Comments

  1. Yay on getting all those audits done! I can't believe Halloween is already here. The Fall is really flying by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chaitali!! October went by too quickly!

      Delete
  2. I got 60! I missed a ton in Africa, ugh. Aren't there like 400 countries? I remember last year remembering the glasses was a pain! Is he getting more responsible now that he is a 3rd grader?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing!! Wow!! There are 195 countries, according to Word Meters.

      He has gotten a lot better at the glasses, but it's still early on the year. So far it has only been 2 times.

      Delete
  3. Oh I got 67. It's really tough with a time limit!

    Make sure you are stretching this week to help ease those aches! I think we notice the aches more when we near a race and are tapering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 67!! that's amazing!

      Thank you! I have done lots of stretching, I hope I have!

      Delete
  4. I went ot school for Travel and Tourism so you would think I would be able to name plenty of countries. I'm sure I could back in the day but like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true! I used to know how to play the piano, but since I never practice, I couldn't play a single note now.

      Delete
  5. That quiz is a bad flashback to 8th grade geography when we had to name ALL the countries. I'm pretty sure there are different countries and different names now. Congrats on getting those audits done, but ugh on the stressful deadline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja ja!! yes ! that flashback! I used to know most of the countries way back n the day.

      Delete
  6. Oh, not sure how well I'd do on that quiz....I might attempt it tomorrow (too sleepy tonight LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to be alert and awake for best results.

      Delete

Post a Comment