My Underwear is Giving me a Wedgie, and other annoyances

Todays post is a collection of random Tuesday and Wednesday complaints. I wasn't in a good mood either of those days, and I was also really tired. .. not that my life is difficult, I'm just not in the mood to tolerate things that I normally ignore.

I had to run out of the office, chasing a participant for signature because somebody didn't check her file!!! By the way, that somebody wasn't supposed to be me. I hate chasing after people, it makes me look insane.... yes, more insane than I already appear.

At my office we give out gift cards to keep our participants engaged in the program. Everybody always loves being the person who gives out the gift cards, it makes participants like that person better. I hate giving out gift cards. It interrupts my flow of work, I have to get up, make copies, fill out paperwork, check the file and interact with people. When I'm especially annoyed at being interrupted, I make people wait longer for it. The way I see it is "I need to finish this report before I get up to issue out a gift card, YOU should have schedule it better." I'm a jerk, and I don't care.


People who chew with their mouth open should not be allowed to eat in public. There, it's been said. Now I want to take all my loud chewing co-workers into a room to eat while staring at each other chew food with mouths open. Also loud chewers should ask for music to be played while they eat, hearing somebody chewing is the worst type of torture. I'm going to put on my headphones and ignore my office co-workers now.



I need to stop drinking regular coffee on job fair days... it makes me crazy and jittery. I am more dangerous high on coffee than drunk. When I have a drink, I just want to laugh and take a nap. When I had a lot of coffee, I want to run around drop some truth bombs, and talk non stop... after about 1 hour of that, I want to throw up and lay down to sleep.


How do you put up with loud chewers?

Do you drink regular coffee?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a hard week! I feel you on the loud chewer thing, I don't know why but it really bothers me. And I've been trying to wean myself off coffee so it's tea most mornings but if I'm super tired, I'll go back to coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire those who make the quest out of coffee... I don't have it in me to give it up. You are awesome!

      Delete
  2. WHY DIDN'T YOU MURDER THE LOUD CHEWER!!!???

    Last week I ran after a woman who left the liquor store without her sunglasses. I left my open wallet on the counter while the clerk was waiting for my credit card to go through lol. I didn't want her to lose her sunglasses!

    HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE GIVING PEOPLE GIFT CARDS??? Doesn't that give you so much joy to see people so happy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have killed her!! but other than being a loud chewer, she is a lovely person.

      Did she have expensive sunglasses? That is very kind of you!

      Giving out gift cards is a lot of paperwork for me, and it interrupts my work... it's really just an annoying work task. No, it doesn't bring me joy to see people happy, I think I find that even more irritating.

      Delete
  3. It was quite the week!!

    I can imagine goofy drunk Karen!! When was the last time you were drunk?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment