Weekly Wrap 9.18.17

Happy Monday! My weekends are often so busy, that being back at work on Monday is welcome rest. This weekend was like that!



Workouts
Tuesday- 3 easy miles + 1 mile walk
Wednesday - 3 miles easy and 1 mile of sprints
Sunday - Philly Rock 'n' Roll Half marathon

On Tuesday, I was feeling a little ambitious, and did 1 mile at my goal half marathon pace, but after the first mile, my quad started to feel sore, so mid run, I switched it to easy pace.


On Wednesday, my quad was still sore, so I decided to keep the run as an easy one, remembering my legs were still recovering from the Half Marathon the Saturday before.

I picked up my son from his grandparents on Thursday, and got to see my Cordelia! Cordelia was my dog many years ago, she was given to me as a puppy in 2006, but in 2010 she moved with my son's grandparents... long story on that....I think that Cordy still remembers me, she was wagging her tale and let me pet her. Cordy and I used to cuddle so hard in the couch!!

I snuck a picture of Cordy
Saturday we made our way to the Rock 'n' Roll Expo in Philly, and met my sisters there. My son and my niece had so much fun at the expo, except for the part where my niece saw the Geico Gecko... she didn't like that guy, check out her face while looking at him.


After the expo we went for Japanese crepes, which are almost the same as French crepes, but with ice cream inside.


Roger decided to skip the half marathon and it was his first DNS. He still has pain in his foot, and he didn't want to aggravate the pain by running a half marathon. He was completely ok with his choice, which I admired a lot. I would have been heartbroken, laying on the couch with a bottle of wine, and binge watching Sex and The City.

Sunday we had the half marathon. Which was hot and humid, just like I had expected. But still fun and highly entertaining.

 

Random Story
When driving to Philadelphia, my son and I had a conversation about running. He said that people didn't believe him that there were 50K and 100K races, I told him that those were real and they were called ultra marathons. He wanted to know how long a 100K was, so I said it was a little longer than 2 marathons. Then he asked me if I would ever run the Boston Marathon, and I had to take a deep breath and answer "Maybe", to which he responded "Please run the Boston Marathon Mom! I want to see you run it someday."  I guess I need to start working on my speed.... or find a charity that will allow me to run Boston?

Currently Reading
The Passenger by Lisa Lutz. This was recommended by Megan, so far I'm very intrigued at what the main characters are both hiding.


How was your week?

How is the humidity where you live?

Did you race this weekend?





Comments

  1. Hey! Your son is onto something. ;) You can qualify for Boston if you wanted to. It's fun to think about!!! I can't wait to hear about your race. The medals look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! I think you are right "If I want to" It feels so impossible, but maybe I'll start to consider it. It would be an amazing experience, definitely fun to fantasize about.

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you for doing two halves in two weekends. It was super hot and humid here for our race this weekend.
    Ironically, today many people will register for Boston to see if they get in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so humid on Sunday!! the day was perfect without the humidity, but running in it was challenging.

      I know! I saw many registering for Boston! I hope they get in!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your half! I can't believe you did them two weekends in a row. Cordyyyyyy aw. Do you miss her? I'm glad you are enjoying The Passenger. :) I have had to DNS a lot of races. It's way better than hurting yourself further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I loved both races BIH and Philly RnR, so I had to do them again.

      I do miss Cordy sometimes, she is a very loving doggy and we went through a lot of things together.

      Delete
  4. Poor Roger at having the DNS but it sounds like the right decision. I'm sure he felt even better about it when he saw how humid the race was! Way to go still managing to have fun during the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did!! He hates humidity! He was so very glad to not have been there!

      Delete
  5. I read The Passenger. I'm a little foggy on the details, but I did enjoy it.

    Congrats on your half!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment