Weekly Wrap 9.10.17

It has been a very intense week, it felt like 2 whole weeks have gone by. As I sit here today, we just heard from Roger's family, who lives in Miami, that they are ok. They lost electricity, and there is some trees around their house, but no major damage. We feel relieved that the storm passed without harming them. I know the storm is still causing damage, and some are still affected, and we are still thinking of other friends and family in Florida. 

This week was slower in workouts, but still pretty busy. 




Workouts 
Thursday: 3.5 miles easy
Friday: Bird in Hand 5K 
Saturday: Bird in Hand Half Marathon
Sunday: 3 mile recovery run

On Monday, my son and I had a day out and went to see Spiderman, then we went to Aldi. He doesn't like it when we have to pay to rent the shopping cart, it drives him crazy! even thought we get our quarter back, he feels cheated. 

On Tuesday we went to see Julieta Venegas in Concert at Longwood Gardens, in Chester County. My sisters and I had been planning this trip since July. Unfortunately, it was raining and the concert was cancelled 6 songs into the show, because of lightening and thunder. It was very disappointing, especially because we had been looking forward to it for such a long time. 








On Wednesday, my son woke up with a stomach ache and couldn't attend school. Life is always extra stressful when my son is at home, sick. 

Thursday I joined the beer runners for a quick and easy run. The organizer did a special route for the new Harrisburg Murals, it was pretty awesome. 


Picture from the Harrisburg Beer Runners Facebook Page


Friday I made my way down to Bird In Hand Lancaster for the 5K. I was doing the fireman's challenge, which is the 5K on Friday night, and the Half Marathon on Saturday morning. I met my sisters and mom there. I grabbed my niece to finish the 5K with me, and it was an amazing experience. 





Saturday was Half Marathon morning. As I had said a few weeks ago, I trained in the heat all summer, to have the weather be 48 C when we started and 55 when we finished. Perfect weather after all! I was really nervous about being cold, but everything turned out amazing. 





I was also supposed to go to the Mushroom Festival, but changed my plans because I ran out of time... I went to my parents after the half marathon, and my plan was to take a quick nap, a shower and go to the festival, but my niece was crying a lot, and instead of sleeping, I helped putting her down for a nap. When she was finally sleeping, the neighbors dog started barking a lot, and I couldn't sleep. 

On Sunday Morning we watched the Hurricane coverage. And after breakfast, while Roger rode the bike, I did a slow 3 mile run, because race season is here! Next week, Philly R'n'R half. 


Post Race Hydration station - Glitter cup has Nuun, green bottle has water, wonder woman cup has water and the wine is negating all of it. 


Currently Reading 

Cress by Marissa Meyer. Book #3 of the Lunar Chronicles. It has been keeping me entertained for a few week, and I requested the last book this week.... but I have a small fine and can't check out anything else, until that fine is paid. 




I hope everybody in the path of Hurricane Irene stays safe, we are sending all positive vibes. 

How was your week? 

What was the last concert you attended? 

Have you had an event cancelled due to lightening? 






Comments

  1. I'm impressed that you ran 3 miles after your half! Running a half marathon is my excuse to take the whole week off..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I did it because of a silly mistake... I signed up to do a 5K after a half marathon back in May, not I have to train to be able to do it. It's going to be exhausting!

      Delete
  2. Ha, I love the post-race hydration station! I'm glad to hear Roger's family in Florida is ok after the storm. It sounds like it really hit Florida and the Caribbean hard :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about the wine after a half marathon!! That awful hurricane hit the Caribbean HARD!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Roger's family is okay! It was such good news that Miami and Ft Lauderdale didn't get it as bad as they had originally thought they would. I mean, it's not good, but I feel like at first the projection for them was like terrible. Did they evacuate??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not evacuate, they didn't want to. They like far from the beach, and thought they would be better off staying home. It was nerve-wracking to wait to see where the storm would go.

      Delete
  4. Great job this week, especially adding mile after your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not as impressive as you, running after the half marathon!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your half! Will you be recapping the race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! Yes, working on it now.

      Delete

Post a Comment