Weekly Wrap 09.3.17

Happy Holiday weekend! It was been a busy weekend, and I forgot today was Sunday and that I am still a responsible adult with a job... 


The flying red shorts is my son refusing to take a shower. The joys of motherhood.


Workouts
Tuesday: 3 miles tempo + weights
Wednesday: 6 miles tempo, with sprints
Friday: 10 miles (5 easy, 5 progression)
Sunday: 2 mile hike

On Monday, the office got me a cake to celebrate passing my test. Most of the people at the office told me that they thought I was a citizen already, because I was once married to a citizen or because they have known me so long. The cake was delicious, and some conversations were uncomfortable (Like the man who told me about the 7 girlfriends he kept in South America, in hopes to marry one of them to make them a citizen... ), but I was grateful for the cake and the kind thoughts.


I didn't have the heart to tell people that I wasn't having any more cake this week... I have a half marathon coming up... things like that make me sound snobby 

On Wednesday I ran with Roger, who is still injured. He is having some pain on his toes, the side of his foot and his calf. For a few days he will swear off running, then heads back out for a run and has pain again. At this point, I am not sure what he will do. We have Philadelphia R'n'R Half in two weeks, and he is stubborn.

On Thursday, I tried out a new taco place at the Farmer's market. It was ok, it made me sad that the salsa was not very good. But I will likely be back, but with my own salsa. 




Friday was my 10 mile run. I saw a helicopter landing around mile 4, it was very loud! After, I picked up my son from school and we picked up a giant pizza for dinner! 

Saturday we made our annual visit Lancaster County, we stopped at a Bakery in Bird In Hand, and then to Intercourse for chips, black berry everything and lots of cheese. 




On Sunday we visited Bushkill Falls, it was amazing! but the hike was hard! lots and lots and lots of steps. The gift shop had a magnet that said "I survived the Red trail" and we wanted to get it, but it would have been a lie, because we skipped about .50 mile of the red trail. 





Currently Reading 
Does The Noise in My Head Bother You? By Steven Tyler. I used to be a big Aerosmith fan, back in the early 2000s. I watched to a lot of their interviews, and the VH1 stories... I had a huge crush on Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, forget the fact that they are both 34 years older than me! The book is totally ADD and so is Mr. Tyler, but it has been keeping me very entertained, by the way, he hates being called Mr. Tyler. I have a new appreciation for their songs. 



What is your favorite type of salsa? Red or green? 

What type of cake icing do you prefer, whipped or butter cream ?

Who was your rockstar crush? 

Comments

  1. I LOVE whipped icing. :)

    I also LOVE Aerosmith. I grew up listening to them because my dad loves them. I have seen them in concert twice. I tried reading that book but just a couple pages into it I couldn't take it anymore. I was more of a Joe Perry gal. But yeah. they are like twice our age!

    That pic of your son revolting against the shower is hilarious. Soon he will be old like us and LOVE showers and sleeping!

    I want to go to Bushkill but it looks so far away.

    Is there a good day of the week or time of the year to go to Kitchen Kettle Village?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Aerosmith in concert in Hershey back in 2003, I think. The book is a bit of an adjustment, because he jumps back and forth, and is constantly making drug references, and cursing non stop... but I found it entertaining. They both have that rock star sex appeal, I normally don't have celebrity crushes, but those two !!

      Every night is the same fight, me demanding he gets in the shower, and after, demanding he gets out of the shower! It is a vicious circle!

      Bushkill is too far! I wish we would have made a two day trip out of it. Delware Water Gap is close by there, and that place has been in my list for a while! But, Bushkill is very well worth seeing!

      The best time to visit Kitchen Kettle Village is a weekday in the summer or fall, weekends are way too crowded. And go hungry, so you can have samples of all the chips, the salsas, the pickles, cheese and jellies. We have gone after lunch, but still eat all the samples!

      Delete
    2. Okay, so the only day I have off work during the week this fall is the day before Thanksgiving so maybe we will go then!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I love Steven Tyler and Aerosmith! I had no idea he had a book, I will definitely have to check that out. And eww to that conversation with your co-worker talking about his girlfriends in South America. That sounds really creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Goodreads, there is at least 3 other Aerosmith books, but even though I like Joe Perry, I'm not going to read any more of them. Everybody has their own story, but I'm ok with only hearing one side of it.

      Yes... It was weird... he is the same man who asks me if I am making coffee for my boss. I know he is older and just trying to make conversation, but it gets weird.

      Delete
  3. ha ha....my rock star crush is Jon Bon Jovi! Of course, I like him for his talent... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it with your review...totes ADHD. I had a little trouble with it. I just downloaded Running with the Devil, which is a biography of Van Halen. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment