Week In Review - Mexico for the Win!!

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a wonderful Day!  It has been a very accomplished Sunday here. Today, Mexico played Germany in the World Cup, and in case I haven't mentioned it, Roger was born in Germany and I was born in Mexico... it was a tense game, but Mexico pulled through and won the game!! 




Congratulations to the Selecion Mexicana! What an amazing game!! 

Running 
This week we ran intervals, and the only thing I remember about that day is Roger's confused math. 

Roger: We need to do 1 mile warm up, 8x .25 and 1 mile cool down for a total of 3 miles. 
Me: that's over 4 miles
Roger: No, it's not. You are not listening to what I said. One mile warm up + 8x .25 and 1 mile cool down. Do Not go over 3 miles. 
Me: Yes, I hear you. That's over 4 miles. 
Roger: No, it's 3. How many .25s is there in a mile? 
Me: there is 4 .25s in a mile. 
Roger: No, there is 8. 
Me: ... 
Roger : there is 8
Me: ... 
Roger: ... 
Me: You suck at math. How many quarters is there in $1? 
Roger: 4! ..... 
Me: ... 
Roger .... ooooh..... 
Me : I need a new coach 

Thursday I ran by the library, because they were having a concert. I wish I could have stayed for longer, but needed to finish my run. 




Saturday was a hot run in Pine Grove State Park. We missed a detour and had to drive around the mountain for 30 minutes to get there... but we went for it. 





Sunday was an early run, because we needed to be back home for the Mexico Vs. Germany World Cup game, and because it was going to be a very hot day. 




We did progressions, and somehow I managed my last mile to come at 8:20. It surprised me... considering the 7 before were on the 10s. 

Mothering and Fathering 

To continue to celebrate summer, we have been taking short trips with my son. On Wednesday, Roger took my kid hiking on the AT. They kept sending me pictures all day of their awesome day out! 




I was so jealous and wanted to make my day with my son as awesome! 

So on Thursday we headed out to Millersburg for a ride on the Ferry and ice cream. 

Only Millersburg Ferry had different plans. It was closed. And so was the ice cream. Boo. 





Lucky for me, I had a back up plan and we headed for Mini Golf in Carlisle and games at the arcade. 





We also made a fort, as part of the Library's Summer reading program task list. 




Friends and Family

Happy Father's Day to all ! I love my Dad so much and I am so grateful every day for all the opportunities he has given us, including brining us to the USA. Love you Dad!! 




Also, Today is my Sister's birthday! Happy Birthday Sis!! Now that she is 37, I am hoping she will stop pulling my hair. She is not making any promises. 



And now for the part where I make everybody jealous, I got to hang out with Megan and we had Margaritas! and because Megan is a very generous person, she gave me mint from her Garden, which is fueling my mojito game today. 




Currently Reading 

I started a Romance novel last week, Vivid by Beverly Jenkins. But it had to go back to the library, because it had a hold. I don't really read romances, but I was intrigued by the historical novel written about an African American Woman during the Civil War and emancipation times. 

I started Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon instead. 



Comments

  1. Viva Mexico!!!

    How fun that you got to have drinks with Megan! Just think, you would never have met her if it wasn't for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Ana and I met through blogging! So freaking random, yet I get to meet a wonderful person.

      Delete
    2. It it pretty awesome! It's interesting that we live to close by, run in the same place, but would have never interacted without blogs.

      Delete
  2. What part of the AT did Roger and your kiddo hike? How far did they go? Did they see any SNAKES!?

    Why was the ferry closed!?

    Today we went to Spring Meadows Park in Boiling Springs. I ran and Paul walked. Then we had bfast at Cafe 101, which is so ironic because when I got home I saw your comment about going to that place! Then we went to the Boiling Springs pool. It was fun but it's freaking $12 per person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did the AT by Boiling Springs, they went about 2 miles. Roger had wanted to go to Little Buffalo, but also wanted to eat at Cafe 101 for lunch. OMG!! Yes, they did see snakes, but not on the trail, they saw snakes by the lake. They sent me pictures.

      I think the Ferry was closed because of high winds and high water, it really sucked. We might not be able to make it out there again, so will likely do the Pride of The Susquehanna instead.

      That is expensive!! Did you like that pool? We got memberships for Hampden, because it's the closest pool to us.

      Delete

Post a Comment