Week In Review - The Longest Week

Happy Sunday! How has this week treated you? Mine felt like the longest week ever, aside from the days being really long, the work seemed to be never ending. 



Running 

The heat was relentless this week, in attempts to survive it, I ran later in the day. Covering intervals on Tuesday, well more like covered in sweat while running. 

Weights after running

My brain doesn't remember what I did on Wednesday... I went to a class with Denise for some dancing and did 4 miles after. Just lazy 4 miles. 

My face after eating a bug

I ran a small 5K on Saturday and won my age group. It was a very small race, and I brought home an Amazon gift card. 



My long run on Sunday was split up and I ran 3.70 miles of trail with Roger at Boyds Big Tree and 5.3 on my own at Hershey. 



Mothering

I didn't do any mothering this week, my son was away for the week with his dad for vacation. Somedays were really difficult to deal with, but I kept pushing through. It's the only thing a parent who is divorced can do. 

To pass the time, we visited the local farmers markets. We went to Lancaster's Central Market and gout our favorites; Salad and Puertorican rice. 


And Saturday we watched soccer games back to back. Yes, we can go 4 years without watching a single soccer game, and we watch them back to back for the World Cup. I can't even complain, Roger doesn't watch any other sports. 






Both, Mexico and Germany won their games and are moving on to the next round. 

Currently Reading 

Last week, I started Hunger by Roxanne Gay. So far it has been amazing, she is obese, and knows that she is obese and how much the world is pressuring her to lose weight, but what the rest of us don't know is the pain that she goes through, because the world wants to make people like her invisible. It has been an amazing book so far, and I'm going to order her other book Bad Feminist. 



How was your week? 

Are you watching the Word Cup?


Comments

  1. I haven't run at Boyd's in a long time! Last week was VERY hot. I do like scorching runs though. How perfect that Germany and Mexico both won!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that age group win! That's so cool that you got an Amazon gift card for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment