Currently 6.25.18

I have seen several bloggers do this type of post before, this is my attempt at it.

Currently 

Watching: The Office

Roger and I pick a show to watch from beginning to end, we both have to agree on it. We both agreed on The Office and so far it has been a good choice. And yes, I have my own Office funny stories to share... but not here.




Reading: Hunger by Roxane Gay 

What an amazing book! Roxane Gay talks about her personal issues with her weight and trauma in a very moving and realistic way. It is easily one of the most beautiful and thought provoking books I have read this year. I am going to go buy her other book Bad Feminist this weekend. 




Listening to : Anything by J Balvin.

I like his smooth voice and the beats he brings to his reageton music. His song Mi Gente from his album Vibras has had a spot on my playlists for the last year, and it hasn't gotten old yet. 




Missing : My son. 

He is away for vacation with his Dad, and I am counting the minutes until I get to see him again. A rational person would focus on using that time to clean and organize things, but I am not always able to move normally through the world when he is away. So I've been running and staying active just to keep me focused on getting through the days.

I get to see this handsome face soon!!


Cheering : Mexico at the World Cup. 

For 4 years, I don't care about sports... only for about 2 weeks during the Olympics... and when the World Cup comes around, I move my entire schedule to watch Mexico (and sometimes Germany) play their matches. 




Eating: Pasta Salad

It is pasta salad season! I love pasta salad more than it is allowed. Also, I will use any excuse that I can to eat tacos al pastor from Cafe 101... for example, if we are looking for where to run, I will suggest 6 miles at Appalachian Train, because I know that will mean lunch at Cafe 101.




Obsessed with: Learning Portuguese in Duolingo  

 I love Portuguese music, and  I am in love with Anitta. The only logical next step is to learn Portuguese. Eu gosto de cafe. It is not a surprise that I reached level 2 of food, since food is my favorite EVER!




What is new with you?



Comments

  1. Awe I think it is sweet that you miss your son so much. Where did he go on vacation? I hope he is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to get into The Office but haven't been able to. Which is annoying because I love Mindy Kaling and I also like BJ Novak. I just have never been a big fan of Steve Carrell and I think that's probably a part of the problem. It seems like he plays a different character in the show than his annoying 40 Year Old Virgin style character, but I just can't see past it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched the Office yet but I just started watching Parks and Rec on Netflix. Mmm...pasta salad! I haven't made that in a while but it sounds delicious right now. A perfect Summer dish. I think I'm going to add the ingredients to my grocery list for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Office never gets old! Reading: Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties. Hilarious! Yes to Pasta salad! I just made a yummy one a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw duolingo... I miss it. I suck. I just didn't keep up with it. :( I was so good at Spanish I got to almost the top levels. It got confusing at the higher levels because I had questions but I didn't even know what my questions should be. Does that make sense?

    Where did your son go on vaycay? I hope you see him soon! Are you going to the Dickinson Quad again this year? It's on our calendar!

    The Office is sooooo funny. Paul has seen every episode multiple times. I think I would like to rewatch it. When you are done with The Office, try Parks and Rec.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment