Summer Is HERE!! Friday Five

Happy Friday! how are you today? How is your day going?

Summer is here! the stickiest and stinkiest season for me when it comes to running.

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .



Today, I want to talk my summer running essentials, for before, during and after running. 

1. Sunscreen- Sunburn is no joke, and I take my sunblock very seriously. Not that it helps much, my runner tan game is super strong all year long. 



2. Bug Spray- It's tick season in PA, and ticks bring Lyme disease. Ticks will not keep me inside, neither do mosquitos. This requires two different bug sprays, but I'm ok with that. 


3. Facial moisturizer- The sun is always there, and my face is the closest to it... and I still have to make money from it, so I need to protect it. By the way, I learned from my sister to not wear sun on my forehead if I'm wearing a hat, to prevent moisturizer sweat from my eyes. 


4. Wipes or a towel- I carry wipes to clean myself up after a run. There are many parts of me that are sweaty, sticky and some that are super stinky. I use wipes to clean myself up, because a lot of the times after a run, I still have errands to run. The towel is for sitting on my car all sweaty after ra run. 

5. A change of clothes- I cannot deal with a wet sports bra after a run, and my clothes stink. I feel almost new on clean fresh clothes. 

What are your summer essentials? 

Comments

  1. I am trying to be much better with my sunscreen this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad about sunscreen and I think I'm going to pay for it. I keep reminding myself to schedule a derm appointment. I'll do that as soon as I finish this comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunscreen for sure...in the middle of the day I can start to burn in 20 minutes, no exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes carry wipes with me (I mean keep them in my car) for after a hot run. I am so bad about remembering sunscreen and I don't think I've ever used bug spray. I've never got bit on a run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to just stash an extra towel in my car. That's one thing I always forget about until after a race and I have to drive home (or ride, if someone else is the driver)...UGH. No one wants that "residue" on their car seats LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I have to do an errand on the way home I try to remember to bring a clean shirt. Even at home I might change before I shower if I need to eat first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A visor or SPF for my face! I already have grey hair and some wrinkles... I don't want to get more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment