Week In Review- The Avengers Weekend

Happy Sunday! I hope you had a fantastic week!! Last week I got bored with my own Week in Review, I think some changes are needed, just don't know what those are.

Workouts 
Tuesday - 4 miles ( 2 of hill repeats ) 
Wednesday 3.5 easy + Weights
Friday - 7 miles long run 
Sunday - weights

Monday was a loong day of waiting at Social Security Administration, turns out the funnest part of changing my name, has been going around calling myself Ana Soto, the administrative side of it has been a tiring quest into federal and state buildings. I spent 2 hours at Social Security just to update my name. but at least they were nicer than I remember my last visit to that office. 

I was really tired after, so when I picked up my son from his Dad's, we went for ice cream!! My current favorite ice cream is the Dairy Queen vanilla coned, dipped in chocolate. 

With my son being on baseball, I have to do my runs extra fast, and then go see his games. He is in the junior league now, and they take their games a lot more seriously. So I ran Tuesday's run too fast and my quads were sore the next day. 

On Wednesday we ran in the rain, and it felt amazing the entire run!! I have learned to love running in the rain! I remember when I first started running, and it was one of my fears that it would rain during a race, now a light drizzle feels like perfect weather. 


On Friday, it was another perfect running day, cloudy highs around 55. JUST PERFECT! Roger has been having me do so many different speed trainings, that I finally feel like I might be getting a bit faster... just a tiny bit. 

Roger finishing up his 7 miles 

Saturday my son was scheduled to have a baseball game, the weather had called for rain on and off, but the weather changed early in the morning, and we had bright sunny skies, and warm temperatures, all perfect for baseball. I was loading up on food, because I'm of no use when I'm hungry, when I checked my email to see which field my son would be playing, when an email came in saying my son's baseball was CANCELLED! We laughed and joked that the field managers must also be the the organizers for the Hershey 10K. 

So, we headed out for our favorite hanging spot and went to Lititz PA. We had lunch, got ice cream, my son got a book, we got chocolate. We just had a wonderful day there... we would consider moving there, but it's too far from my job. 



Then we met my brothers to go see Avengers Infinity War!! We have been super excited for this movie since we watched Black Panther. I was so sad to see some of my favorite characters gone!! I know only Chaitali is a fan, and I also know she went to see it... but will still keep this place spoiler free. 



I also figured out that we have a busy movie schedule this summer. First I have to go see Avengers again, but after we have Deadpool, Solo (Star Wars Story), Oceans 8 and Crazy Rich Asians to look forward to. 

On Sunday, we did a whole body weight circuit. I also bought this really cute shorts at Walmart for $5. I might go get another pair, I really like this ones. 



Currently Reading 

I'm slacking on my books, and I listening to Gabrielle Unions book, We're Gonna Need More Wine. I really enjoyed reading it, but I am looking forward to listening to her read it. 

What movies are you watching this summer? 

What is your favorite ice cream flavor right now? 



Comments

  1. Why did you change your name? I have been wanting to go to Dairy Queen for a while now but it's sort of out of the way...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I became a citizen of the USA last month, and changed my name.

      Dairy Queen is so worth the drive!!

      Delete
  2. Avengers was so good! But sad too. You're right, it really is a busy movie season coming up. How weird that they cancelled the baseball game when the weather ended up so nice, but it sounds like you guys made good use of that free time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked at the end, but I know it's going to solve itself.. it has to!

      I had another movie I wanted to go see, but now I can't remember what it was.

      Delete
  3. I swear I commented on this already! I said you were busy, as usual, and your legs look DAMN FINE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It has only taken 5 years for my legs to finally feel strong!

      Delete

Post a Comment