The One With The Tools

I work in an office, where most days we use our normal office materials, tons of paper, staples, pens, hole punchers, computers. But occasionally, we use hardware tool for random work. In my office, I am the keeper of all the hardware tools.

Here are the random tools I keep in my desk

Hammer

Story behind it: I work with files that have medal prongs, and when we add tens of pages, those prongs bend out of shape. I used the hammer to straighten them up, but they were too loud and not very effective. I kept the hammer in my desk, because the "active shooter" evacuation plan has us locking ourselves into an office with no other exit... the plan will be to use the hammer to break the window.



Long Nose Pliers

Story behind it: This pliers are perfect for straightening file prongs, to remove staples that are stuck and for getting paper out of the jammed shredder. When I have to do several audits, the pliers come in super handy.



A set of screwdrivers

Story behind it:  When I was the office manager, I bought things that I felt were needed in the office. I bought a set of screw drivers, a pack of salt shakers, a can opener, and a pack of nails for hanging picture frames.  On the day that I bought them, I got in trouble. But that same manager who told me that I shouldn't have bought them, borrows them at least once per month.

The Tape Measure

Story behind it: I'm not 100% sure who that tape measure belonged to, but I have had it in my desk for as long as I can remember. But this is one of the most popular tools people ask to borrow.



I used to have a stud finder that belonged to my ex-husband. He let me borrow it, and made me promise to return it. But  he forgot that he let me borrow it, and then somebody borrowed it and never gave it back.


Do you keep any strange things at your work space ?

Do you have any tool at your work space?

Random fact: I keep a bat in my car and a small wood bat under my bed.






Comments

  1. That evacuation plan sounds scary! And how weird that the person who told you you shouldn't have brought in the screwdrivers asks to use them so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have any tools! But I should get a hammer to bust out windows if needed. It doesn't surprise me that you are the one with all of these important materials. I keep deodorant, lint roller, and toothpicks in my desk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment