Friday Five - Life Updates

Happy Friday! and also, to all Veterans, Thank you for your service!

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .




Some days I look at my blog and thing to myself "Why don't I have more readers?" and then I decided to do a post on things that are completely irrelevant to running and tell myself, "this is exactly why people don't read your blog, because you like talking about yourself a lot" Like today's post. Five random updates on my life.


1. Fall Stuff- I have added accessories to my daily outfits. This means that I dug out all my scarves, long socks and couple sweaters. But I am wearing the same clothes. My office is kept at "man temperature" all year long, and in fall I need a scarf and long locks, to keep me warm. 





2. Glasses- I now wear glasses all the time. My eyes have been terribly irritated for a long while, and refuse to accept contacts. Somedays it's fine, other it's really annoying, especially when running. I count myself lucky that my glasses are so cool!





3. Races- The two races last weekend were supposed to be my last races of the year. But back in October I won a race entry, and will be running the local Turkey Trott. I have no time goals for this one, as it's a huge race and will be running it with my son. 


4. Bye Felicia- I was supposed to volunteer at the school store today, but after being dissed my the PTO moms, I told them I couldn't come. I should get over mean people, but I would rather not deal with them at all. 


5. Music - This song by Lin Manuel Miranda brought tears to my eyes! Not only does it have amazing artist... Gilberto Santa Rosa, Rita Moreno, Juan Luis Guerra and the love of my life Ruben Blades.... but it is raising money for Puerto Rico. Fun fact: at the beginning and end of the song, you can hear coqui singing. Coqui are a species of frogs original to Puerto Rico, and it's said that they don't sing if taken out of Puerto Rico. 





What is new with you?

Did you dig out your fall stuff?

Who is racing this weekend?

Do you have a celebrity boyfriend? Mine doesn't know he is married to me, but he sings me to sleep. I love you Ruben Blades!!! 



Comments

  1. I like reading about blogger's life! Honestly, I'd rather read about that than running. Probably because I am very nosy. :)

    I'm glad you didn't do the PTO thing. No reason to go and be mistreated. I'm sure there are things you can do to help the PTO that doesn't require being around mean people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very cool glasses too but my vision is so poor that they give me a headache. I wear contacts most of the time.

    Sorry to hear that those moms are mean moms. I don't get that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have super light kid-size glasses. They cost a fortune but were worth it. I think I need to update my prescription though. Life is too short to put up with mean PTO people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look good in your glasses!
    Sounds like there are "mean girls" in the PTO! Sorry that their mistreatment of you forced you to not be involved. Hopefully you can find other ways to be involved in your son's school and not have to deal with mean people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That sucks that moms were mean to you. I don't understand how people can be so mean. I also wear glasses but only to drive or watch TV.

    I also like reading about a blogger's life. It is something different to read which I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment