Friday Five 11.17.17

Happy Friday! How is your day going ? How is it that Thanksgiving is already next Friday?

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy 



Today, I'm thinking of thanksgiving and the holiday spirit, so I'm sharing 5 things that make my heart happy, especially when they happen to me.

5. When somebody pays for my coffee- this has happened to me twice in line at Starbucks, and both time there has been nobody behind me for me to pay it forward. But it is so wonderful to get something free, does it feel like free things taste better?

4. The Drawings my son makes for me - Last week while I was making dinner, my son asked me if I wanted him to draw me a picture and I immediately said yes. He came back a few minutes later with pictures of tacos, and the headline of his drawing was "Taco party!". My kid gets me 100%.

3. When Roger helps me out on something I'm not expecting. This past Monday I was running late for work, and left home in a rush. When I got to work, I realized that the oatmeal and yogurt that I bring for breakfast. I texted Roger, not to ask him to bring it to me, just to vent. I was about to leave to go get something to eat, it would be impossible for me to not eat anything for breakfast, when I got a call from Roger that he was in his way to my office with my oatmeal and yogurt. It made me so happy! I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

2. The co-worker who shares with me. This fantastic woman and I have worked together for 10 years, and we have looked out for each other the majority of that time. She reminds me of my mom, (She is much younger than my mom, but is a mother). She is a divorced mother, and we both shop at Wegmans. Sometimes we both find deals that are too good to pass up... like 2 lbs of strawberries for $2.99... but we know we can't eat 2 lbs of strawberries, so we share them. I have brought her gouda cheese, avocados, limes, goat cheese, strawberries, and in return, she has brought me all of the above and more.

1. The Restaurant that will let me pay them later. A couple of weeks ago, my credit card information was stolen. I was at my favorite Taco place in Harrisburg, and my card was declined. I had used my emergency cash the night before on something else, and had no other way of paying. I told the cashier to cancel my order, but instead she told me to just pay them the next time I came and take the food. I am there at least once per week, and she said that she knew I would come back to pay. They saved my lunch!


What unexpected things make your heart happy?

Have you had somebody pay for your coffee?

Have you forgotten your credit card to pay for lunch before?




Comments

  1. That is so nice the taco place let you pay later! Read number one of my Friday 5 today and see what a bitch I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Someone has bought you coffee before in line? I actually plan on doing that this year. Should be really cool. I suppose when someone is not in line, you can just pay it forward next time you're at a drive-thu.

    The Fitness Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that people have gotten their coffee paid for which is so nice, but I always wonder how they know how much to pay, because they do not know what you plan to order. I have gotten my toll paid for before which was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I actually haven't had anyone pay for my coffee, but thats so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently moved to a new clinic and a lot of my patients have followed me. Which warms my heart like you wouldn't believe. But you know what warms it even more is to have these little kids come up and hug me. That's when you know you're doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not had the opportunity to pay it forward in a Starbucks yet (mainly because we don't have one), but I think the gesture is so thoughtful. I need to be aware of other opportunities to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a teacher and always wonder everyday if I am doing the "right" things. Well, there are a few students that hug me before they go off with their parents. That makes me feel good and assures me that I am doing the "right" thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment